Message from Kyla | The Boneyard

Message from Kyla

Reaction Score
My heart goes out to Kyla...especially since she is from Pennsylvania (check my BY Name). She is not the greatest player to play for UCONN but she gave it her all throughout her time with the Team and worked hard to become the best version of herself. I was sick when I saw her fall during the AAC Semi-final, and it got worse when she didn't get up. Feel so bad for her. As she says... "We aren't done yet!!!" Go HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
My heart goes out to Kyla...especially since she is from Pennsylvania (check my BY Name). She is not the greatest player to play for UCONN but she gave it her all throughout her time with the Team and worked hard to become the best version of herself. I was sick when I saw her fall during the AAC Semi-final, and it got worse when she didn't get up. Feel so bad for her. As she says... "We aren't done yet!!!" Go HUSKIES!!!
Same as you PAHuskey fan. New Kensington to Oakland. I was at a banquet years ago where Geno was the guest speaker and I had a chance to speak with him. I told him that the young lady he had recruited from Pittsburgh would be one of the best players he ever had come through the program. He looked and me and shook his head, smiled, and said "Yea. We'll see". By the way, her name was Swin Cash. We went to a game her freshman year and as she went by us I yelled "Swin, you miss Islays"? She stopped and smiled and said, "You from the Burgh"? Kyla didn't have Swin's physical ability but when they handed out hearts God said "Give her an extra large".

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I got on her bandwagon when Geno decided to start her. He knew what she would bring to the team and she gave her all. The team seemed in sync for the minutes that she was in there and then Anna would come in and take over. People can state that she was a liability, and perhaps rightfully so, but I saw her as the glue that held the Core 4 together until they were running on all cylinders.

Get well Kyla and your bench cheerleading and coaching is something that YOUR team will miss as I am believing that your sideline actions will be subdued.

Reaction Score
Geno recruited this young lady for exactly who and what she is and would bring to the locker room, the bench and the team. Every player does not have to be an All American to play at UConn. God bless this kid going forward.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Same as you PAHuskey fan. New Kensington to Oakland. I was at a banquet years ago where Geno was the guest speaker and I had a chance to speak with him. I told him that the young lady he had recruited from Pittsburgh would be one of the best players he ever had come through the program. He looked and me and shook his head, smiled, and said "Yea. We'll see". By the way, her name was Swin Cash. We went to a game her freshman year and as she went by us I yelled "Swin, you miss Islays"? She stopped and smiled and said, "You from the Burgh"? Kyla didn't have Swin's physical ability but when they handed out hearts she got Extra Large.
Give me a skyscraper cone right now! :D

Reaction Score
That hurt me watching that, heart is just broken for the kid! Sometimes life just isn't fair, if ANYBODY deserved to go out on her own terms, it was Irwin.
You know what Soxfan - She went out while playing and going down on a physical play. That was Kyla and that was her style and sometimes it just doesn't get any better that being who you are and knowing that you've given it all.

Reaction Score
I think that Kyla has a great future a head of her. She has learned from the best and knows what it is to be a part of the TEAM. I do not what she would like to do in the future or her individual goals, but she will be totally successful with this background and training. She would even make a great basketball coach if that is of her choosing.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think that Kyla has a great future a head of her. She has learned from the best and knows what it is to be a part of the TEAM. I do not what she would like to do in the future or her individual goals, but she will be totally successful with this background and training. She would even make a great basketball coach if that is of her choosing.
If UConn still has a coaching slot available at the end of the year she wouldn't need to learn the system like others would have to. She's been basically a team assistant for the last 2 years and knows coaching from her Mom, why not.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If UConn still has a coaching slot available at the end of the year she wouldn't need to learn the system like others would have to. She's been basically a team assistant for the last 2 years and knows coaching from her Mom, why not.
For clarity, almost all recent graduates become GRAD assistants, not full-time assistants. Maybe at a lesser program she could become a full-time assistant but not here. I think the job is full anyway....if Jamelle does turn it down, I suspect Geno has his eye on others with more experience...

That said-Great to hear from you Kyla! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!!! Go Husky's.
:)

Reaction Score
Who do you fire on the coaching staff to open a spot? CD? Shea? Jamelle/Jasmine? Remember there is an NCAA limit to the number of coaches you can have.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Once in a rare while,someone special comes into our lives and changes us little by little into a better person.I believe Kyla has done this to all her team mates,as well as giving the boneyard a renewed belief that there is goodness,kindness and great people in this world,of which kyla scores A+ in all three.

Reaction Score
I'm with PAHuskey, down the road from State College in Reading. I still remember the video clip that appeared on the BY of recruit Kyla bounce passing the ball behind her back to a cutting player. Heal fast, Keystone pride.

Reaction Score
Right VOD. Her mother is the woman's coach at Happy Valley and she has been very successful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom