Message for Mike Aresco | The Boneyard

Message for Mike Aresco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can we all stop the moron acts tonight?

If you think Aresco has the power to alter any of this, you're too duck*ing stupid or just have too much estrogen pumping through your brain to post here.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's entirely possible, maybe probable, that I am too frigging stupid. But so is banning UConn from a party at the exit gate.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe not Fishy, but he clearly has the power to let us play in the BET. Why not do it? What does he have to lose?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dear Mike Aresco, your ass 2!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe not Fishy, but he clearly has the power to let us play in the BET. Why not do it? What does he have to lose?

He most definitely does not.

And even if he did, what does it matter?

CL82

Reaction Score
Why can't he? This was an administrative decision. There was no vote on it correct? It matters because we sure as hell ought to be there for the last dance in the Garden.

Reaction Score
the presidents voted a rule change to deny a school banned from the postseason to participate. aresco's only there to enforce it.

Reaction Score
Aresco go for it. Nothing has been enforced yet. Has anyone payed their reduced exit fee

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why can't he? This was an administrative decision. There was no vote on it correct? It matters because we sure as hell ought to be there for the last dance in the Garden.

The schools' presidents came up with the concept of banning ineligible schools from postseason tournaments in March and then voted it into 'law' in the fall.

Aresco is TV Boy, not Administrator Boy.

He also came up with the idea of Tulane...wow, that sorta backfired, eh?

zls44

Reaction Score
The schools' presidents came up with the concept of banning ineligible schools from postseason tournaments in March and then voted it into 'law' in the fall.

Wait, I thought he was the brilliant TV mind set to lead everyone to the higher ground et al?

Reaction Score
I believe part of the reason why Tulane was added was due to its past BCS rankings. Remember new formula for playoff distribution is based on BCS rankings from 1998 to present. Tulane had a few good years back in the days. It is a terrible add no matter how they spin it. They should have gone west to add more Western schools. BE should just start a Western all sports division to go with an all eastern one once all the Catholic schools bail.

We just need to find a landing spot now.

CL82

Reaction Score

Ah I did not realize that. Suzie ought to be making the case then, with Aresco supporting it. I don't think that her doing the happy dance when she thought we were going to the ACC will help our cause.

Wait, I thought he was the brilliant TV mind set to lead everyone to the higher ground et al?
A good salesmen can sell ice to Eskimos, but he first he needs the ice. Aresco is standing there with a warm puddle at his feet that may or may not be water. That’s a much harder case to make. To get people to pay you for nothing, you need a con man not a salesman. We may need to dump Aresco for Madoff or, god forbid, Calipari.

Reaction Score
I believe part of the reason why Tulane was added was due to its past BCS rankings. Remember new formula for playoff distribution is based on BCS rankings from 1998 to present. Tulane had a few good years back in the days. It is a terrible add no matter how they spin it. They should have gone west to add more Western schools. BE should just start a Western all sports division to go with an all eastern one once all the Catholic schools bail.

We just need to find a landing spot now.
I seem to recall a few posters spending time discussing the academic shortcomings of some of our new memebers.
Tulane is pretty solid in that regard.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
These college presidents are all balloon knots too. Academics, RPI...everyone just wants to whine about something and they won't hesitate a moment to throw somebody, anybody under the next bus that comes along. Confederacy of Dunces.

Reaction Score

I have no idea who has the power. someone invited Tulane in though. Some people have power to do some things, but no power to do other things. I say he invites UConn in, sets the schedule, and lets it roll from there.

What's to lose?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Wait. We have these rules, set in stone, about who can play in the BET but a team can be invited into the conference and no one did any due diligence or quite knows how it happened?

What the is wrong with that picture?

zls44

Reaction Score
Wait. We have these rules, set in stone, about who can play in the BET but a team can be invited into the conference and no one did any due diligence or quite knows how it happened?

What the **** is wrong with that picture?

They also didn't give Temple voting rights until next year. They're really good at not doing due diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom