Merry Christmas! Updated ASGR c/o 2021-2023 rankings | The Boneyard

Merry Christmas! Updated ASGR c/o 2021-2023 rankings

Reaction Score
2022 Gamecock targets Talasis Cooper dramatic rise. Ashlyn Watkins dramatic drop

Reaction Score
Two UConn-related notes for 2022, one quite surprising. Ashlon Jackson is 8th, her highest ranking anywhere at this point. And Canadian T'yana Todd is 17th. First time I've seen her ranked by a service.

Todd was recently cited by blog site to have a lot of offers from power programs. Maybe the recruiting services just haven’t paid attention to Canuck gals

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but aside from Uconn having three players in next years class Marquette is the only other Big East school and they have one.
AGSR hasn’t updated it but Aneesah Morrow (#34) is going to DePaul.

Reaction Score
Two UConn-related notes for 2022, one quite surprising. Ashlon Jackson is 8th, her highest ranking anywhere at this point. And Canadian T'yana Todd is 17th. First time I've seen her ranked by a service.
Something fishy about Todd coming from nowhere to 17th and suddenly having all these offers with no visits during the pandemic. Then again, this is the “service” that lists Patterson as a SG. Buyer beware.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Something fishy about Todd coming from nowhere to 17th and suddenly having all these offers with no visits during the pandemic. Then again, this is the “service” that lists Patterson as a SG. Buyer beware.

Nothing fishy — the timeline is right for the offers to start coming in and US ranking services largely ignore international prospects.

Reaction Score
2021 class:

SCar: 40 points
rivers #2
Johnson #4
feagin #5
Hall #29

UConn: 40 points
Fudd #1 assumption
Deberry #3
Duchame #9
Poffenburger #27

I’m good with that. Each team with 3 top tens and 1 top 30.

Reaction Score
Nothing fishy — the timeline is right for the offers to start coming in and US ranking services largely ignore international prospects.
She lists 16 schools and of course no one but she and the coaches can confirm offers. The coaches obviously can’t and I see nowhere that she does. And no question she may have contact with all of them. But I’ve seen full game video of her against lousy competition and I’d say she’d be fortunate to have offers from 5 or 6 of them. Louisville, Duke, and S. Carolina I highly doubt. And UConn, no way. That’s just how I see it.

Reaction Score
2021 - AS OF 2020 11 06.png

2021 - AS OF 2020 11 06.png

Reaction Score
I think it's the fact that Saylor couldn't play over the summer due to hip surgery.
And with none of the big summer tournaments able to be played because of the virus, I doubt that all these gurus would've been traveling around the country evaluating players anyway.

Reaction Score
Update on composing rankings : (2022)

View attachment 60806

One mistake. You show Talaysia Cooper from SC as being ranked 26 by Blue Star. In fact, Blue Star does not have her ranked at all. Blue Star’s #26 is a Kayla Cooper from Texas.

thank you for all your hard work.

Talasia Cooper was an MVP of the recent Wootton Camp and deserves to be highly ranked as Hoopgurlz and ASGR have recently reranked her. We’ll see when the other services do re-rankings. Of course, she is a Gamecock target being from SC

Reaction Score

I can help with this. ASGR has seen Todd play for a few years. She was with a program called BecomeOne prior to entering high school The coach is the same guy coaching at Royal Crown.

BecomeOne attended several ASGR events in the past. They would have been able to see her in action to make an assessment.

The information listed on her is dated however. The last AAU club she was with was Uplay Canada (new as of summer of 2019). They don't even have her current high school. The information listed is an elementary school in Ontario.

Also, Canadian kids have been at a disadvantage this past AAU season because they couldn't travel to the US to compete. Ranking services will have to base their insight on international players differently.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I can help with this. ASGR has seen Todd play for a few years. She was with a program called BecomeOne prior to entering high school The coach is the same guy coaching at Royal Crown.

Thanks for the detailed info. I knew ASGR had seen her based on some of their tweets. And I knew with UConn's interest in her at a young age that she was likely a quality prospect.

Reaction Score
She lists 16 schools and of course no one but she and the coaches can confirm offers. The coaches obviously can’t and I see nowhere that she does. And no question she may have contact with all of them. But I’ve seen full game video of her against lousy competition and I’d say she’d be fortunate to have offers from 5 or 6 of them. Louisville, Duke, and S. Carolina I highly doubt. And UConn, no way. That’s just how I see it.

I think you both have fair points. I'm skeptical of some of the schools like Duke considering they have 2 x 2022 commits at G, including another Canadian. You may also need to see if you can find footage of her playing with UPlay during the summer of 2019. Much better team roster and competition to compare her play against.

But at the same time, Canadian athletes don't get noticed by ranking services as it was noted in the post you responded to. Aaliyah Edwards wasn't ranked anywhere until her senior season. Her play with the Canadian U17 and her participation at the Basketball without Borders event in April 2019.

Or look at Bridget Carleton. I don't think she was ranked when she went to Iowa State. Two seasons in the WNBA over others who were ranked or drafted higher than her.

It's going to come down to whether Todd will have a chance to show what she can do, if teams are allowed to play in Ontario this season. Until she's able to get on a court in a game it's a guess for anyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom