Mercury vs Stars | The Boneyard

Mercury vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Griner still leaves her player and they knock down threes on her.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't know...they look a little "squirrely" - poor 3rd quarter, lost a 10 point lead that they had at the half...it's also a very physical game

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

That needs to be corrected. She also needs to move to the basket for offensive rebounds. She is in no-mans-land way too often.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But the girl is finishing around the basket and can block shots.

18 points, 6 rebounds and 5 blocks in 23 minutes are ROY type numbers. Griner is trending up.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Now would be the time to say something positive about BG. (-;

26 points, 7 rebounds and 5 blocks in 27 minutes. When she is cleared to play 30+ minutes her numbers are going to skyrocket.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She played well. That's all I really have to say about her...*shrugs*

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She made some nice layups though. :p

Maybe she can show EDD how much easier it is to make layups and 5 foot jumpers than shoot from 20 feet. It allows you to shoot 60% instead of 40%.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe she can show EDD how much easier it is to make layups and 5 foot jumpers than shoot from 20 feet. It allows you to shoot 60% instead of 40%.
40% on 3s is the same as 60% on lay ups.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD is averaging 1.3 three-point makes a game. Her 3 point shooting provides a little over 1 extra point a game. She has made 10 so far this season. Hardly makes up for the near 20% FG shooting gap between BG and EDD. The increased length and speed has made it harder for EDD to get good looks from three point range.

But in all seriousness, EDD is very good at getting to the FT Line. She picks up a lot of points by drawing fouls.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Wow...just wow

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
EDD is averaging 1.3 three-point makes a game. Her 3 point shooting provides a little over 1 extra point a game. She has made 10 so far this season. Hardly makes up for the near 20% FG shooting gap between BG and EDD. The increased length and speed has made it harder for EDD to get good looks from three point range.

But in all seriousness, EDD is very good at getting to the FT Line. She picks up a lot of points by drawing fouls.
Fair enough I hadn't looked up her 3 point shots per game. But you are absolutely correct that would not offset the shooting %s. EDD does willing draw contact and then heads quietly to the line for her almost automatic foul shooting.

BTW, I guess I'm not on ignore after all. BTW, great news of Prop 8 ruling, too.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'd still take EDD's game.

Today in the win against NY she had 26 points(10-17) (2-4 from 3) 7 boards, 6 assists, 3 blocks, and a steal. :p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What?? She shot over 50%?

Coler, you know I pick on EDD to pick on you. I think she is one of the most talented players I've ever seen. She is a super talent with a HOF future.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
As I pick on BG to pick on you...well not really, but it super fun. :p

Oh....is this where you say something nice about EDD, and I same something nice about BG? Okay....She's talented, and if she really works on her mid-range game, and rebounding she'd be be un-stoppable. :D

It's scary to think of the USA NT's future with BG at the 5, and EDD at the 4. Unstoppable.

Reaction Score
This is really a stupid argument.

Griner and DelleDonne are 22 years old - they're going to get loads better over the next few years. I really don't get why we're trying to decide who's the better player right now (although my money is definitely on Griner - there's way more upside there).

But at the end of the day, both Phoenix and Chicago made the right picks for them. Phoenix desperately needed a low-post presence, especially on the defensive end, to complement the team's talented wing players (Taurasi, Taylor, Bonner and sort of Dupree), while the Sky needed a go-to offensive player to complement Fowles.

In other words, both teams hit the jackpot.

Reaction Score
That needs to be corrected. She also needs to move to the basket for offensive rebounds. She is in no-mans-land way too often.

Now you know how UCONN v Baylor was going down...no need for a mugging...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is really a stupid argument.

Griner and DelleDonne are 22 years old - they're going to get loads better over the next few years. I really don't get why we're trying to decide who's the better player right now (although my money is definitely on Griner - there's way more upside there).

But at the end of the day, both Phoenix and Chicago made the right picks for them. Phoenix desperately needed a low-post presence, especially on the defensive end, to complement the team's talented wing players (Taurasi, Taylor, Bonner and sort of Dupree), while the Sky needed a go-to offensive player to complement Fowles.

In other words, both teams hit the jackpot.

This isn't even an argument. I guess we need to be meaner to each other.

But I agree that both teams hit the jackpot, kind of like Tulsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom