Mercury vs Sky #2 Game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mercury vs Sky #2 Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Free throws go in for Chicago....

A great passing sequence for Phoenix and some 5 offensive rebounds until they score.

And we are done

97 - 68 Final

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
griner did lose 1/2 a tooth...geezzzzz

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
well, I don't know about you, but I am still interested in the game. Seriously, I don't know why they start blabbing about nothing DURING women's games. The players that are on the floor as not as well known as the starters and first off the bench. I would like to know who they are. Yet if the game is not close, then let's talk about something else.

HUGE Pet Peeve

And you wonder why the womens games are not taken seriously

Nothing? This was a huge deal. A young girl is serving as an honorary coach to raise money for a much-needed blood transfusion. Voepel did an article on this, and the Mercury have been promoting it to get fans to take blood tests for possible donor matches. So yes, it is part of the game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Nothing? This was a huge deal. A young girl is serving as an honorary coach to raise money for a much-needed blood transfusion. Voepel did an article on this, and the Mercury have been promoting it to get fans to take blood tests for possible donor matches. So yes, it is part of the game.

But not during the game, Cam. I agree with you on your points, but not during the game.

[on edit] I apologise that I said "nothing" when they were talking about the little girl. That was not nice. But I stand by my point. More often than not, a portion of the women's games, specifically WNBA's games are shunted aside for interviews, and/or the commentators chat about anything but the game.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Disagree. Last year that little girl with cancer, Lacey, was mentioned and/or shown in every single MSU men's game. I don't think it takes away from the game at all. It was a 10 second mention during a 30 point blowout.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:
Disagree. Last year that little girl with cancer, Lacey, was mentioned and/or shown in every single MSU men's game. I don't think it takes away from the game at all. It was a 10 second mention during a 30 point blowout.

And I'm not trying to be a pain about this but it was a lot longer than 10 seconds and again I reiterate that you're very sentence including 30. Blowout indicates that it ok in your opinion to start talking about anything but the game during a blowout that means that we don't know who's committing the files we don't know who's going to. If you're not familiar with the player it was more of a discuss decide that little girl they even were talking about the weather in Phoenix I mean it was crazy and I guess it doesn't bother people as much as it bothers me but I just don't think that anybody has any business complaining about how the woman's game isn't respected yeah they think its okay to not talk about the game during the game.

I and I you like I'm repeating myself here so I'm going to stop

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
sarals24 said:

And I'm not trying to be a pain about this but it was a lot longer than 10 seconds, and I reiterate that you're very sentence including the words "30 point Blowout" indicates that it ok in your opinion to start talking about anything but the game during a blowout. that means that we don't know who's committing the fouls, we don't know who's scoring and we don't have any facts about the players and these players are ones that don't get a whole lot of time on the court.
finally it was more then 10 seconds and they discussed other things besides that little girl - they even were talking about the weather in Phoenix I mean it was crazy. and I guess it doesn't bother people as much as it bothers me, but I just don't think that anybody has any business complaining about how the woman's game isn't respected when they think its okay to not talk about the game during the game.

and I feel as though I'm repeating myself here so I'm going to stop

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Rady - I find the same phenomenon occurs in men's sports as well in blow out games - and football broadcasters can be the worst. I can remember a number of fourth quarter NFL broadcasts where there was almost nothing said about the contest. Baseball is notorious for in booth interviews and long stories, but at least that game is slow paced and you know who is batting and who is pitching and they have time to break away from the story/interview and mention the action if something has actually happened. And yes it does annoy me in women's basketball, but not actually as much as the in-game interviews of the coaches.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
UcMiami said:
Rady - I find the same phenomenon occurs in men's sports as well in blow out games - and football broadcasters can be the worst. I can remember a number of fourth quarter NFL broadcasts where there was almost nothing said about the contest. Baseball is notorious for in booth interviews and long stories, but at least that game is slow paced and you know who is batting and who is pitching and they have time to break away from the story/interview and mention the action if something has actually happened. And yes it does annoy me in women's basketball, but not actually as much as the in-game interviews of the coaches.

lol I don't like the in game interviews with the coaches either and AM surprised yet not surprised that they allow it however it doesn't really detract from the game as much for me and I crab enough about this other thing because it bothers me so much.

Shockingly, I don't watch that much pro sports on TV so I would not have noticed the practice elsewhere...

Reaction Score
The side thing about the little girl was the only thing I found interesting when I tuned in. The game was out of reach for Chicago and I'm pretty sure the starters were sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
Just watched this game on the DVR...whoever said Phoenix is playing like UCONN has it right, the ball movement and suffocating defense was a thing of beauty. If they can't defend better than that, the Sun are going to need a few more Della Donne's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom