Mercury vs Liberty | The Boneyard

Mercury vs Liberty

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
UConn players reunion today with Nurse, Walker, Stokes, Hartley, Dee on the floor at the same time. Battle between KIa Nurse and Sophie Cunningham is like a clash of badass ladies. Oh, and there are players from other college teams too. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn players reunion today with Nurse, Walker, Stokes, Hartley, Dee on the floor at the same time. Battle between KIa Nurse and Sophie Cunningham is like a clash of badass ladies. Oh, and there are players from other college teams too. ;)
And Schuey is an Assistant for NY.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Megan Walker looking like she could have benefitted from another year in Storrs. Still not sure what made her take the jump.

Not saying I agreed with the decision in terms of her overall development since there significant things (defense, mid range etc) she could have gotten better at but taking into account that college sports may not even happen and the stronger WNBA contracts, it makes alot of business sense. And I think she had a headsup that she was going to the Liberty.

The majority of Megan's problems is she has not been able to hit open 3's which is a disease shared by every one on the Liberty. She clearly has the ability but must get a confident mindset. It will take time but all it takes is one good shooting game to get more comfortable.

Reaction Score
Not saying I agreed with the decision in terms of her overall development since there significant things (defense, mid range etc) she could have gotten better at but taking into account that college sports may not even happen and the stronger WNBA contracts, it makes alot of business sense. And I think she had a headsup that she was going to the Liberty.

The majority of Megan's problems is she has not been able to hit open 3's which is a disease shared by every one on the Liberty. She clearly has the ability but must get a confident mindset. It will take time but all it takes is one good shooting game to get more comfortable.

I think not coming into the Wubble with the rest of the team has hurt her. She is coming back for Covid.

Reaction Score
So happy for Bria, I know she had it in her. From her junior year til last season in W, it seemed like she was in a slump from that injury. Now she’s finally letting loose

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, with her son taking pictures, she better be balling out

1596402055025.png

Reaction Score
Hartley seems to have played very well this season. It's good that she's getting recognition after what had been an overall average career in the W based on prior numbers.

I watched part of the game and NY isn't very good at all. Phoenix is far from stellar but will probably be in the playoffs.

Reaction Score

I am not arguing but why would it make a lot of sense? She could've been a top 3 pick the following year and then made even more money, couldn't she?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am not arguing but why would it make a lot of sense? She could've been a top 3 pick the following year and then made even more money, couldn't she?

The salary scale for 1st round draft picks is not that different from top to bottom so missing 1 year is a bit deal

Under the new deal, players selected with the first four picks receive a base salary of $68,000. Players chosen fifth through eighth receive $65,250 and the rest of the first-round picks would earn $62,500.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hartley seems to have played very well this season. It's good that she's getting recognition after what had been an overall average career in the W based on prior numbers.

I watched part of the game and NY isn't very good at all. Phoenix is far from stellar but will probably be in the playoffs.
NY has a very young team this year. I said just before the season began, that I doubt they would win 6 games. After today’s loss, they’re 0-4. I‘ll stand by my prediction for now.

Reaction Score
The salary scale for 1st round draft picks is not that different from top to bottom so missing 1 year is a bit deal

Under the new deal, players selected with the first four picks receive a base salary of $68,000. Players chosen fifth through eighth receive $65,250 and the rest of the first-round picks would earn $62,500.

What about overseas?

I thought top picks in WNBA - get much larger contracts overseas than those picked lower? I thought I read somewhere that the prestige of being selected in the WNBA as a high pick is a big deal? And what about location overseas? The higher the pick, the better the location/league?

I don't know. Just what I thought I read long ago. Not arguing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wanted to echo the play of Bria. She's always been fairly athletic and decent with the ball, but her shot seems to have some extra arc on it (no more line drive shots), and her overall shooting % must be higher than in the past, resulting in her scoring in bunches with good accuracy.

And when did she become such a terrific passer? The announcers "oohed and aahed" when she threaded the needle for that great pass into the post that resulted in a layup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom