Mercury vs Aces | The Boneyard

Mercury vs Aces

Reaction Score
Tamera Young 27 mpg? She shoots 36% and is getting worse game by game. Making a lot of bad plays and is an offensive liability. Time for Hamby (63%) and Coffey to get more of her minutes.
Carolyn Swords is shooting 22%.
Yes, I’m an unhappy Aces fan.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tamera Young 27 mpg? She shoots 36% and is getting worse game by game. Making a lot of bad plays and is an offensive liability. Time for Hamby (63%) and Coffey to get more of her minutes.
Carolyn Swords is shooting 22%.
Yes, I’m an unhappy Aces fan.

At least you have Aja Wilson. She is playing like an All Star. Try being a liberty fan. Except for Tina Charles, no one else is playing at a consistently high level. And even Tina Charles is becoming more of a 3pt shooter. She needs to get into the post more and use her great post moves.

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why the shot clock didn’t reset??

Reaction Score
Another win for the Mercury. Maybe if the Sparks and Lynx continue to assume its their destiny to win the Mercury can slide right in the back door.

Btw, nice to see Kelly Schumacher on the Aces coaching staff.

Reaction Score
At least you have Aja Wilson. She is playing like an All Star. Try being a liberty fan. Except for Tina Charles, no one else is playing at a consistently high level. And even Tina Charles is becoming more of a 3pt shooter. She needs to get into the post more and use her great post moves.
You are right. Liberty have two good players (one is a rookie learning) and a bunch of average players. One of my least favorite teams to watch. Strange roster. Amazing what they accomplished the last three reg seasons with such an avg group of forwards and guards. Bill L deserved credit but mostly Tina Charles. She is not the same this year though. New coach does not look like she knows what’s going on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, the Liberty are in trouble if Tina can't defeat the double team. Her output of 12 points will not do it if the supporting cast is not producing. This team needs offense desperately. And, I often wonder if Kiah's days are numbered in NY. Shizam said it in a nutshell that the team is loaded with average talent and they have fallen in love with the three point line.

Reaction Score
Yes, the Liberty are in trouble if Tina can't defeat the double team. Her output of 12 points will not do it if the supporting cast is not producing. This team needs offense desperately. And, I often wonder if Kiah's days are numbered in NY. Shizam said it in a nutshell that the team is loaded with average talent and they have fallen in love with the three point line.
Take Vaughn, Coleman, and Zellous, out of the starting lineup, replace with Zahui B , Kia, and Boyd, better shooters, and people who won't throw up so many stupid shots.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coleman was waived by Indy, the worst team in the league, and is now starting for New York. Seems odd!

Reaction Score
Hey Bagger, in your scenario, who starts at the 3? Prince, Rogers, or my favorite Rebecca Allen. She has height which you can't teach. :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Coleman was waived by Indy, the worst team in the league, and is now starting for New York. Seems odd!

-- Lindsey Allen was waived by New York and has started half of Las Vegas's games.
-- Leilani Mitchell was waived by New York in 2014 (when she went on leave to spend time with family in Australia); the next season, she started 26 of 34 games for Phoenix.
-- Krystal Thomas was waived by Phoenix in 2014. She then played in 21 games (3 starts) for Indiana in 2014. She was signed, waived, and re-signed by Seattle in 2016; she then went on to start 30 of 34 games for Washington in 2017.

Some players are better fits for certain teams/coaches. Some teams have to make salary cap cuts. And some teams perhaps "miss out" on certain players due to their talent evaluation skills (or lack thereof, with respect to certain players).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom