Mercury v Lynx: Who ya got? | The Boneyard

Mercury v Lynx: Who ya got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Mercury showed a lot of toughness in winning in Seattle the other night. Sure, it wasn't the same Storm team from a year ago, but Seattle is a tough place to win even with LJ at less than 100%. To pull the game out with Taurasi on the bench for the final 6 minutes says a lot to me about this team's toughness.

The Lynx looked shaky in the first two games against SA but answered the bell in game 3. How will Maya play against Penny Taylor?

I'm going with the Mercury in 3. I think the Mercury can handle the Lynx post game and the big game experience of Taurasi and Taylor will be the difference.

I won't be unhappy at all if I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I'm going with the Lynx. I think Lindsay Whalen will lead them to the finals. If Maya can somewhat neutralize Taylor, I say Lynx in 2.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think it's a toss-up with Phoenix having the edge in playoff experience and Minny having the home court adv. Quality minutes from Minny's bench could prove the difference.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't pick against Maya. But I don't pick against Diana either.

I want Minnesota to win, but I think the Phoenix experience is too much. Minnesota has not been in this pressure situation before. They may not be ready.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Whatever jitters Minnesota had in the first round were absent tonight. Maya came out on fire and Siemone picked up where Maya left off. Great all around effort. The Mercury played very poorly but I'm not sure it would have mattered tonight. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

Geno was fabulous during the broadcast. Great observations and funny. His comments on Diana's reckless play were spot-on, as were his observations on parts of Maya's game that need to get better. He loves the more defensive-minded Siemone.

A couple of his funnier lines: After Diana sprained her ankle and went to the bench she kept on talking to teammates, refs, whoever would listen. Geno observed that she didn't sprain her tongue.

At another point later in the game Diana and Maya knocked one of the officials over and crashed into a photographer sitting courtside. Diana's helping the official up and starts patting him and the photographer on the butt and Geno accuses her of fouling them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom