Mercury Start 0-2 | The Boneyard

Mercury Start 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Mercury started the season with games on the road against two of the league's best and didn't fare so well. Can they turn it around against Seattle tomorrow? It should be fun to see BG and Stewart playing against each other and I wonder how often we will see them matched up.

Phoenix only had three players in double figures in a 93 point performance against Indy, whereas Indy had 7 players score in double figures in a 97 point performance. Phoenix has to have more players involved as it is hard to beat a good team with only 3 players scoring the majority of the points. Dupree had only 7 points and Taylor had only 6. That type of unbalanced offensive attack may make for a long season if not rectified.

Reaction Score
《------------Light to the left.........I'm not worried one bit

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I've been a little bothered about Griner on defense - she seems slow reacting and providing help. Phoenix as a whole has looked a little disjointed at both ends, but especially defensively - through three games giving up an average of 96 points.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've been a little bothered by everything Phoenix has done this year. They are not playing as a team. It must be tough for Bonner, Dupree, Griner and the rest of the team to be asked to carry the weight last year and adjust their roles to make up for the absence of DT and then suddently be asked to play second fiddle again.

I am not sure if BG's leg is giving her problems because she also is slower running down the court than in the past. And she does not seem to have that same explosive step that she has had when spinning to the basekt. I have also noticed times that she seems to limp a little.

I don't think Phoenix is going to be able to recapture that cohesiveness that they had two season ago when they won the championship. I think that had they come back as a complete unit last season that they would have won the championship again but at this point I don't see anything that would lead me to belive that they are poised to play like that again.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is still really early in the season to be making major prognostications about how teams will end the season. They are certainly not playing great at the moment, but they have a lot of talent and are a veteran team that should be able to put it together. The Lynx look awfully good early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom