Mercedes Russell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mercedes Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
All the talk around Louisville is that we are very, very high on her list. She and Stephanie Mavunga will be on an unofficial visit on Presidents Day when we host Notre Dame at The YUM! Center.

I would be ok with MR going to Louisville!

Jenny, does she have a connection to the Schimmel sisters out of Oregon as well??

I think a dominant post presence would be huge for Coach Walz.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
A dominant post presence is crucial, any time you can get it! I was amazed at how different the whole game felt last night after Dolson came out (having scored and scored and scored). It's just not the same without a big girl. I'll never forget Tina in her prime. Something else.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I would be ok with MR going to Louisville!

Jenny, does she have a connection to the Schimmel sisters out of Oregon as well??

I think a dominant post presence would be huge for Coach Walz.

I have no knowledge of there being anything other than the obvious...they all hail from there. I follow both MR and Stephanie Mavunga on twitter.( By follow I mean I have an account and follow a ton of basketball stuff, though I do not tweet. I actually think that makes me a creeper by kids lingo, but hey, they are open, public accounts. I digress.).
Anyway, these two call each other "twins" and they have taken a ton of visits together. According to HG, they are looking at the same schools(Louisville, TN, Duke) and they each have regional teams listed. Purdue for SM and Iregon and Wash. U I think for MR. I would not be surprised to see them end up together, they seem pretty tight.

One of our Assistants hails from Oregon too. FWIW.
I am thrilled to get them in YUM, in front of a likely 22,000+ fans. It is pretty exciting! Talk about launching a program. Certainly on my wish list, but only time will tell.

Agreed about the need for a strong post presence. We have some kids starting to show some promise in that area, but we have a ways to go. Our highest ever ranked recruits are the last two years, S. Schimmel and this year Bria Smith, both #8 in their class. I know # 1 recruits in the country are the rule, not the exception at UCONN. So excited for Coach Walz and our program with this strong possibility.

I am in no way saying she is ours, I just am very hopeful giving the chatter around this recruit suggests we are a very legit option from MR perspective.

Finally, MR's team has been at some tourney in Wyoming and she just tweeted they won it all, she had a triple double and broke the scoring record. Congrats to her on what sounds like a great tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom