Mental Health Awareness - Buffalo PG Hanna Hall | The Boneyard

Mental Health Awareness - Buffalo PG Hanna Hall

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

This video came up as I was browsing Instagram (it’s posted to Buffalo WBB) and I thought it was an important share in this off-season.

We’re quick to say that these athletes need to put on weight, drop weight, gain muscle, get faster, etc., etc., etc., but Hanna Hall’s story is a great reminder that we don’t always know the entire story. And in those stories, there is nothing shameful in the struggle.

I know this probably belongs on the general page and it may be moved, but I feel like it’s an important message for all of us.

Reaction Score
I was super impressed with this video. The message is hugely important, especially for those of us who are decades older than a college student and didn't experience the same pressures as students are feeling today.

I had seen this earlier and also thought of starting a thread here.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I know this probably belongs on the general page and it may be moved, but I feel like it’s an important message for all of us.

Not at all. I think this is something, as you say, that we should all be cognizant of.

Hannah Hall was the next big thing in Hamilton after Kia Nurse. She's a rock star there.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Powerful video. Good endorsement for Coach Legette-Jack. Compassionate and obviously concerned with the well being of her players.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I am so impressed by both Hanna’s courage and eloquence.

Long time fans may recall that Shea was similarly diagnosed in high school, and still struggled with it while playing for UConn.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, that was incredibly powerful. Kudos to her for telling her story. There's fine line between hyper competitive edge that great athletes have and compulsion.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I am so impressed by both Hanna’s courage and eloquence.

Long time fans may recall that Shea was similarly diagnosed in high school, and still struggled with it while playing for UConn.

This was before my UConn days, and made for a really good read. Thanks for giving me a heads up to do some Googling.

ESPN Feature on Shea Ralph

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What a courageous kid. Hard to admit you are not what you want to be. And the coach and the school deserve enormous credit for standing with her, and for sharing this with all. There are kids everywhere struggling to just get through school. The added pressure on athletes is underappreciated by most. This is a wonderful story , and thanks to all who chose to share it. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom