men's soccer: fall schedule | The Boneyard

men's soccer: fall schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
anyone privy to out-of-conference matches on this years schedule? we haven't played UNC in awhile. would love to see us do a west coast trip (UCLA & UCSB.) i heard that we'll be playing st john's this year.

Reaction Score
Preseason:
8/17 Quinnipiac
8/23 Boston College

Regular Season:
8/29 Coastal Carolina
8/31 Holy Cross
9/05 @Wake Forest
9/12 @Washington
9/14 @Seattle University
9/19 Iona
9/23 @St. Johns
9/27 USF
10/1 Providence
10/4 @Memphis
10/8 @Cincinnati
10/11 Tulsa
10/14 Syracuse
10/18 @Central Florida
10/22 Temple
10/25 SMU
10/28 Yale
11/1 @USF

Reaction Score
Playing St. John's is a good thing. With all the travel involved in being in the AAC, a big rivalry game against a quality team that is only a bus trip away makes a lot sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
uconnlife New Member - thanks! :)

TOUGH schedule!! but i like it :)
the road games are way far away. yikes!

pleasant suprise that providence & syracuse are back on our schedule :)
i knew about st johns..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
kind of new to college soccer. Are there any AAC programs that are nationally known and decent?

Reaction Score
kind of new to college soccer. Are there any AAC programs that are nationally known and decent?

Univ South Florida & SMU have strong soccer programs. with lack of quality opponents in AAC (overall) coach reid has given us a brutal non-confernce schedule. i really like this schedudle :)

hmmmm.. I notice that we play USF twice: i'm guessing that is a misprint.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Tulsa is a pretty decent program at times as well.

Reaction Score
If the schedule is accurate, then I like it for another reason. For a number of years Ray Reid as gone to great lengths to, as Reid puts it, to get the proper amount of rest between games for his boys. In the practice of producing a schedule, he has been very adverse about not having his team play two games in a three day period. This is something that he has been very vocal about, to the point of being a bit paranoid about it. There have been times where if a game gets rained out and is rescheduled to having two games in three games, Reid will do his best to have the second game rescheduled as well. I think this "concern"he has about proper rest has the result of psyching out his players, because in effect he is telling them that he does not think they can play well with such a schedule. This attitude of Reid's is shortsighted since the conference tournament final four is always scheduled as being two games in three days, and has been for years. Because of this, if I were a college soccer coach I would definitely want my team used to playing two games in three days, since you have to do it in post game tournaments. This years tentative schedule has two instances of two games being played in three days, so hopefully Ray Reid has recognized that it is good to get team used to such a schedule.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting, guess I will plan on a 1/2 day at work on Tuesday 9/23 for a drive out to Queens for the St. John's game. Should be a good environment. With the fall of their basketball program, their soccer team is likely the best sport team the Red Storm has. Though, I expect them to get good at lacrosse quick simply due to the fact that they are located on Long Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom