Mens Soccer Assiant Coach ccontroversal tweet | The Boneyard

Mens Soccer Assiant Coach ccontroversal tweet

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score

This tweet from UConn's Assistant coach received a lot of criticism from the soccer community on Twitter, everywhere from reporters, fans, and even current players. This tweet seemed to be based only on Coach Miller's personal agenda not what's best for the players. Just an odd tweet from a person in that position, especially in soccer where there are few scholarships. This also comes just weeks after Uconn's Munir Salah decided to forgo his senior year and play in the Canadian premier league.

Last edited:

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score

This response went viral on soccer twitter responding to coach miller

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I’m sorry your family member had such a bad experience with UConn soccer.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
I’m sorry your family member had such a bad experience with UConn soccer.

it really hurt my 12-year-old brother when they lost in the elite 8 at Morrone stadium in 2013, he never fully recovered. Thank you for your thoughts

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Umm, college was the best time of my life. Go to school for free, fly around the country playing soccer or play in the USL for the equivalent of $20-25 hourly wage (albeit shortened season)? Get your degree, go play pro when you graduate.

Reaction Score
Makes sense to me. Think there is a different "thought process" for the top boys player in basketball (Zion) being one and done vs. the best girls freshman player (not sure who that is). It's about the money.
Bill Gates did ok as a Harvard drop out, doesn't mean dropping out is the thing to do for everyone or even most kids.
Prepare for life, prepare for a career; getting college degree seems to be "when unsure of how to proceed" the best choice for most and a better fall back "when all else is more or less equal".
Why the big outrage here? Why not have outrage at NBA which "makes" you go to college for a year before can apply to NBA or MLB that once you sign scholarship to college "can't" go to MLB until after junior year?

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
The reason this is a story is because of the current state of college soccer in the US, each year there are less and less 4 year players who get professional contracts. In baseball, basketball, football and sometimes hockey the most common path to going professional is through college. Soccer is completely different, clubs want players in the pro system at a young age to develop. College soccer is not the path to be a pro anymore in the US. For young players taking 40k or 50k a year instead of a partial scholarship to play college soccer in 2018 gives you a much higher chance at having a pro career

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom