Men's soccer AAC tournament | The Boneyard

Men's soccer AAC tournament

Reaction Score
UConn has a 2-0 lead over South Florida midway through the second half. For some reason, WHUS is not carrying this game.

Reaction Score
Oops. South Florida scored, so UConn has a 2-1 lead with about 10 minutes to go in the second half.

Reaction Score
UConn wins 2-1! The Huskies will play Tulsa on Sunday.

Reaction Score
CTvWdlnW4AAbqB2.jpg

Reaction Score
Absolutely a huge win, and on South Florida's home field at that. This young team was pretty much left for dead in mid October, and now suddenly they have turned it around to be one win away from the NCAA tournament. Hopefully they can seal the deal on Sunday.

Reaction Score
My wife and I have a Netflix account, and every year around Halloween I make sure I get some good old fashioned horror movies for us to sample. Maybe next year I'll get a recording of UConn post season penalty kick misadventures through the ages. That would be some horror show to witness.

Reaction Score
They looked lethargic and disinterested in their loss to Tulsa in the championship.

Reaction Score
They looked lethargic and disinterested in their loss to Tulsa in the championship.

Tulsa out shot them 23-7. UConn completely tailed off about 25 minutes in. Ray Reid said his team was fatigued and lamented playing 2 games in 3 days on the TV interview. Considering Tulsa played a Double OT game on Friday, UConn's fitness level is pretty bad to have been that outplayed due to fatigue. UConn doesn't seem to schedule many Friday-Sunday games during the regular season to prepare themselves. Maybe thats why they've lost in the conference title game several times in the past 10 years.

Reaction Score
They got in!

UConn Men's Soccer ‏@UConnMSOC 2m2 minutes ago Storrs, CT
WE'RE IN! #UConn will host Boston University at Morrone Stadium on Thursday, Nov. 19.

If they win they play at Indiana.

Great news!

Hope the Huskies have a boat tough. For forecast is for 2" of rain Thursday afternoon in Jersey. Nothing like slide tackles taken from 20 yards away to liven-up the game. As for the offense, in those conditions, any shot on net is a potential goal.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Great news!

Hope the Huskies have a boat tough. For forecast is for 2" of rain Thursday afternoon in Jersey. Nothing like slide tackles taken from 20 yards away to liven-up the game. As for the offense, in those conditions, any shot on net is a potential goal.
The men play at home on Thursday, women play in Jersey on Friday.

Reaction Score
The men play at home on Thursday, women play in Jersey on Friday.

The forecast is calling for heavy rain Boston overnight Thursday into Friday after swamping Jersey earlier on Thursday. Storrs in in between. Its going to be a Water Polo match between UConn and BU.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The forecast is calling for heavy rain Boston overnight Thursday into Friday after swamping Jersey earlier on Thursday. Storrs in in between. Its going to be a Water Polo match between UConn and BU.
I get that, just the way you worded your post is what I was replying to.

Reaction Score
Wow, did not see that coming. Pleasantly surprised.

By any chance, does anyone know what UConn's RPI is now?

UConn's tournament resume was boosted by two wins over a very well regarded South Florida team, including the AAC tournament win on USF's home field. That had to be big. And while UConn was bounced on penalty kicks in the final, officially the Huskies have not lost a game since playing Louisville on October 13, so it has been over a month since their last official loss. NCAA tournament selection committees like streaks such as that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow, did not see that coming. Pleasantly surprised.
the ability to draw a crowd is what it has become the norm in mens college soccer NCAA invites for at large.
I have been a follower (since 1967) and a Friend of Soccer (since 1979) and it is my opinion Ray must step aside.
He has been able to bring in talent but has not been able to create a consistent winning movement. All his teams look alike and are missing the dynamic midfield players - yeah he's had a few in past years but it has never been a priority.
He won with Rahim as a midfield dynamo.
Joe M's team always had midfielders who could possess and distribute. Reid's team plays over the midfield.
To say that the UConn mens soccer teams have been a disappointment in the past 10 or more years would be an understatement.
Hire a coach who is young and energetic at 60% of Ray's salary.
Not a Ray hater by any means - just getting tired of the status quo.
GOOD LUCK in the tourney and may you prove me wrong

Reaction Score
the ability to draw a crowd is what it has become the norm in mens college soccer NCAA invites for at large.
I have been a follower (since 1967) and a Friend of Soccer (since 1979) and it is my opinion Ray must step aside.
He has been able to bring in talent but has not been able to create a consistent winning movement. All his teams look alike and are missing the dynamic midfield players - yeah he's had a few in past years but it has never been a priority.
He won with Rahim as a midfield dynamo.
Joe M's team always had midfielders who could possess and distribute. Reid's team plays over the midfield.
To say that the UConn mens soccer teams have been a disappointment in the past 10 or more years would be an understatement.
Hire a coach who is young and energetic at 60% of Ray's salary.
Not a Ray hater by any means - just getting tired of the status quo.
GOOD LUCK in the tourney and may you prove me wrong

I totally agree ... and post-2016 season, too. Ray made $323k in 2015. That's high even amongst big time college soccer coaches, and especially high amongst those that coach mediocre teams. Ray's teams look the same every year. The good teams have figured him out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom