Men's soccer 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of Hall's 5 goals so far this season, 4 of them have been assisted by Dayonn Harris.

2 best players on the field in the Rider game. Harris one of the faster players for UConn I've seen. Hall incredibly competitive and skilled. A good duo to have.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Give me a guy who can put the ball in the net anyday. Pretty good sign that we can go on the road and win by more than one goal and still have room for some improvement. These were the type of games we were losing on the road due to inability to score. A guy like Hall can just win games by himself. Invaluable. No idea if he keeps it up the pace but 5 goals in 2 games is All American level stuff.

I'm extremely impressed by him, I know its only 2 games but damn he just seems to have a knack for scoring goals. Reminds me a little of when Cyle Larin went off his freshman year.. too soon?

Reaction Score
Be nice if someone stepped up to help Hall who is on his way to getting triple teamed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Be nice if someone stepped up to help Hall who is on his way to getting triple teamed.
Others will step up
Hall is a good player when he plays within his abilities - he tends to try to get too creative and impatient
He has a nose for the goal - but there are others on this years squad that also have a scoring mentality

Reaction Score
Had to stop posting tonight at 7:30 as my wife and I left the house to go see a musician friend of ours who we hadn't seen in quite some time who was playing at a local brew pub. It was good to see him. Anyway, by the time we got to the car in the garage, FDU had tied the game at 1. By the time we got to the brew pup 10 minutes later FDU had scored again to make it 2-1. Just got home and checked the stats for the game. Despite UConn having an advantage in shots and a 10 to 2 advantage in corner kicks, FDU held on to win by a score of 2-1. Seems to happen almost every year. There goes the poll rankings that UConn soccer had.

Reaction Score
Never fails. Whenever I start to feel optimistic about this program, they show me who they are.

Reaction Score
Yale penalty kick makes it 2-0. UConn in trouble early in this one.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nobody collapses like a Ray Reid team. It's incredible. The years go by, New generations come into the program and show the same implosions.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
This is the third time I've seen this team play and man, other than Jordan Hall... maybe Dayonn? this has to be the least talented team I have seen at UConn. Felix and Blaise create nothing at center mid, Lapert and Dengler seem to have no chemistry at center back, Adhdan gets skinned over and over at left-back. Josh morgan the freshman at right back has been very impressive so and maybe the only player to look good this half. The number 10 Diop is nonexistent. I would like to see more minutes for Cole Vener. But time to hold on bc this is gonna be a long year. Seems like the departure of Abdou, Hauser, Greenberg, Munir, etc was gonna be a tougher adjustment than expected

Reaction Score
That third goal was something ... tipped off a UConn player and over the keeper's head. This is the first time I've seen them this season and Yale is all over them. Thought I heard that the Fighting Elis haven't beaten the Huskies since 1992 ... so far, that streak should have no problem ending tonight.

Reaction Score
Speaking of ESPN+, is there a way to find out when UConn sports will be on this service? Rather than scroll through each day, I'm wondering if there is a site that lists when they will be broadcast. I just signed up for ESPN+ for the Wagner game and I'm happy to finally be able to watch soccer from home. I would watch anything else UConn, too.

Reaction Score
Thought I heard that the Fighting Elis haven't beaten the Huskies since 1992 ... so far, that streak should have no problem ending tonight.

That's what John Tuite has said on the WHUS broadcast. At any rate, a promising start to the season has come crashing down. With the match at Georgetown looming this weekend, this losing streak could get some legs.

Reaction Score
The proof is everywhere across this athletic department right now. It’s over. We are no longer an elite athletic institution. I don’t know how much proof you need. Decades of bad leadership has caught up to us.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Speaking of ESPN+, is there a way to find out when UConn sports will be on this service? Rather than scroll through each day, I'm wondering if there is a site that lists when they will be broadcast. I just signed up for ESPN+ for the Wagner game and I'm happy to finally be able to watch soccer from home. I would watch anything else UConn, too.

It should be listed on the schedule pages on UConn's site.

Also here: WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

Reaction Score

All good things eventually come to an end.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Per, a few players on the team the biggest issues seem to be chemistry and lack of playmakers. A lot of tension and disagreements within the team and coaching staff atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom