Men's BB on ESPN Classic | The Boneyard

Men's BB on ESPN Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I set my DVR to always record the men's basketball games. In doing so that apparently includes ESPN Classic as well. There are some replays coming up.

March 3 @ 7:30 am - vs 'cuse in 2009 Big East Tourney quarterfinal
March 3 @ 11:00 am - vs Pitt in 2011 Big East Tourney quarterfinal
March 5 @ 4:00 am - No clue. It does not show me any indication as to who's playing. Says "No Description Available", but it does show up as scheduled. Take this one with a grain of salt.

On a related note, the 30 for 30 "Requiem for the Big East" is on repeatedly. I finally watched it last week. I've got a new appreciation for Dave Gavitt. But on a negative note it glosses over our ascension to the top of the OBE. Syracuse and Geargetown get the most love with 'nova and St Johns getting a little less. Nobody else gets any real mention.

Reaction Score
I set my DVR to always record the men's basketball games. In doing so that apparently includes ESPN Classic as well. There are some replays coming up.

March 5 @ 4:00 am - No clue. It does not show me any indication as to who's playing. Says "No Description Available", but it does show up as scheduled. Take this one with a grain of salt.

On a related note, the 30 for 30 "Requiem for the Big East" is on repeatedly. I finally watched it last week. I've got a new appreciation for Dave Gavitt. But on a negative note it glosses over our ascension to the top of the OBE. Syracuse and Geargetown get the most love with 'nova and St Johns getting a little less. Nobody else gets any real mention.

Spoiler, they lose the first game and win the second

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

It was pretty blatant that the creators of the 30 for 30 "Requiem for the BE" intentionally ignored UConn. The filmmakers made it no secret that they were huge Syracuse fans and they wanted to focus on the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry which was the first major one in BE history, which is fine, but don't duck*ing call the movie "Requiem for the Big East" then.

Quite frankly it's obvious they DIDNT want to get too much talk on UConn going in their piece because it would have completely overshadowed their Syracuse-Georgetown agenda. Like an impartial viewer would watch about 1 hour or the first half thinking Cuse-GTown must have been the best college basketball ever, and then once the timeline gets to UConn, the BE team that won 3 titles in that conferences, one more than Cuse and GTown TOGETHER COMBINED, then they'd be sitting there thinking "so who cares about Cuse and GT? UConn WAS the BE". So in that regard I can totally see why they ignored us, same reason the Cuse board calls us "irrelevant".

Reaction Score
I remember someone mentioned in a thread back when the film premiered that Ezra Edelmen, who wrote and directed it grew up in D.C and was a big Georgetown fan. That would explain why there was so much focus on Georgetown and Syracuse. It was garbage that UConn was barely mentioned but for some reason the entire focus of the film was the Big East in the 80's before foorball was added. One good thing was how they got into the whole realignment scenario and why the league broke apart. That part was interesting and kind of sad when you think about it.

Reaction Score
It was pretty blatant that the creators of the 30 for 30 "Requiem for the BE" intentionally ignored UConn. The filmmakers made it no secret that they were huge Syracuse fans and they wanted to focus on the Syracuse-Georgetown rivalry which was the first major one in BE history, which is fine, but don't duck*ing call the movie "Requiem for the Big East" then.

Quite frankly it's obvious they DIDNT want to get too much talk on UConn going in their piece because it would have completely overshadowed their Syracuse-Georgetown agenda. Like an impartial viewer would watch about 1 hour or the first half thinking Cuse-GTown must have been the best college basketball ever, and then once the timeline gets to UConn, the BE team that won 3 titles in that conferences, one more than Cuse and GTown TOGETHER COMBINED, then they'd be sitting there thinking "so who cares about Cuse and GT? UConn WAS the BE". So in that regard I can totally see why they ignored us, same reason the Cuse board calls us "irrelevant".

The whole time I'm watching thinking, "Where is UConn?" Where is the team that from 99-2011 had 3 of the 4 big east national championships in that time frame? The team that also won 1/3 of the BE championships during that time frame.

It was a good syracuse georgetown fanboy history of the big east, but mainly left out one of the integral parts of the big east that made it great.

Reaction Score
Catholic schools porked us by voting as a bloc to reject Penn State. Their membership would have saved football and basketball in the same conference. BCU Pitt, Cuse, and even WVA would have never left.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UConn vs SMU from 2015 American Title Game on tomorrow at 4 am.
No other games on the horizon that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom