Men in a great game with Iowa State | The Boneyard

Men in a great game with Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn was in control most of the game, but Iowa State making it interesting in that late minutes.

GO HUSKIES!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I don't think this game is ever going to end!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Couldn't believe how quickly Iowa State scored baskets down the stretch. Most of the baskets were made within 6 or 7 seconds of getting the ball. Iowa State scored 13 points in last 1:49 of the game. Fortunately Iowa State had to commit fouls and Ollie's team made 11 Free throws during same time period.

Is TBS going to discuss the UConn game, they keep going on and on about the Mich. vs Tenn game.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the UConn men. They played well. I am a Dayton alum, so let's hope we meet in the Final Four!

Reaction Score
Congrats to the UConn men. They played well. I am a Dayton alum, so let's hope we meet in the Final Four!

Dayton alum? How far back do you go with Dayton? They were a major power back in the day; National runners up in 1967.

Reaction Score
Not quite that far, but Don Donoher was still coach when I was there. I graduated in '76 and while I was there we beat ND when they were ranked #1 in the nation and we lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament in triple OT to UCLA in the 1974 regional semifinal. The ghetto ( name for our off campus housing) was as insane then as now. Huge bonfire that made the national news after the ND win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Couldn't believe how quickly Iowa State scored baskets down the stretch. Most of the baskets were made within 6 or 7 seconds of getting the ball. Iowa State scored 13 points in last 1:49 of the game. Fortunately Iowa State had to commit fouls and Ollie's team made 11 Free throws during same time period.

Is TBS going to discuss the UConn game, they keep going on and on about the Mich. vs Tenn game.
It really was a wonderful effort by the team, but the defense the last minute was awful. Red Sea defense... Then the decision to commit a foul on one of the last plays equally mystifying.

Reaction Score
Not quite that far, but Don Donoher was still coach when I was there. I graduated in '76 and while I was there we beat ND when they were ranked #1 in the nation and we lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament in triple OT to UCLA in the 1974 regional semifinal. The ghetto ( name for our off campus housing) was as insane then as now. Huge bonfire that made the national news after the ND win.

My neighborhood basketball idol, Rudy Waterman, went to Dayton and was on the 1967 team that played UCLA for the national championship, and, was on the Sports Illustrated cover. Rudy played a style of basketball that was at least 20 years ahead of its time and not widely accepted. Certainly not by Coach Donoher who, instead. promoted Don May. Don May was an outstanding ballplayer, but was not even on the same planet as Rudy Waterman talent-wise. In another era, things would have turned out differently.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Good to see how congratulatory the ex-BEast conference mate boards are to the Husky guys --- NOT. It's probably good that UConn doesn't have to deal with a Syracuse fandom who are so orange with envy that they even have to take potshots at the Husky women. But then again the Cuse men's fans are clueless about WCBB because they never had a whole lot to care about there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Good to see how congratulatory the ex-BEast conference mate boards are to the Husky guys --- NOT. It's probably good that UConn doesn't have to deal with a Syracuse fandom who are so orange with envy that they even have to take potshots at the Husky women. But then again the Cuse men's fans are clueless about WCBB because they never had a whole lot to care about there.
But it is fun to see them so miserable. Except cto, of course, who I consider a friend.

Reaction Score
Fun game! I have really enjoyed watching the men's team this year Ollie keeps the team spirit going and coaches team centered winners . Go Huskies. Let's both go to the Final Four this year.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Tremendously entertaining! The growth of back-up point Terrence Samuels in the past 3 weeks has been fantastic. He is now firmly in the rotation and I imagine he is the leader for starting point next season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tremendously entertaining! The growth of back-up point Terrence Samuels in the past 3 weeks has been fantastic. He is now firmly in the rotation and I imagine he is the leader for starting point next season.
Two freshmen, Terrence Samuel (no s) and Amida Brimah, have really improved as the season went on and give UConn fans a reason for great optimism for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom