Memphis | The Boneyard

Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Two problems...

One, they're not well-coached and second, they have the collective basketball IQ of a doorknob.

They really do just win on talent and emotion - they play hard, but good god, it's like Cincy and Pitt had a baby.

(Oh, those missed free throws...)

Reaction Score
Two problems...

One, they're not well-coached and second, they have the collective basketball IQ of a doorknob.

They really do just win on talent and emotion - they play hard, but good god, it's like Cincy and Pitt had a baby.

(Oh, those missed free throws...)
Agreed. Hoping for the Memphis win though. Good for the conference.

Reaction Score
Did that ogre who got ejected play against us? I dont remember him. I thought that was definitely a hard foul. Flagrant 1 for sure but not ejection worthy. I was enjoying the game then some rednecks at the bar had the bartender change the TV to motocross. :eek:

Reaction Score
Did that ogre who got ejected play against us? I dont remember him. I thought that was definitely a hard foul. Flagrant 1 for sure but not ejection worthy. I was enjoying the game then some rednecks at the bar had the bartender change the TV to motocross. :eek:

Dominic Woodson did not play against UConn. I seem to remember him being a fairly highly rated recruit, but lot of top programs backing off due to academic concerns.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Very proud of my Tigers tonight...hard fought, well earned victory on ESPNs biggest stage...packed house, the nation watching, and we grind out a Memphis Grizzlies style win.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Very proud of my Tigers tonight...hard fought, well earned victory on ESPNs biggest stage...packed house, the nation watching, and we grind out a Memphis Grizzlies style win.
Memphis needed that win badly. Your team is ridiculously talented, I just don't think Pastner is there yet as a coach. Hopefully he'll improve in time like Mick Cronin has...

Reaction Score
Nick King saved us with his rebounding. Pastner needs to learn that playing recruits like King and Iverson is good for the stretch run. The midget guards we have can't always get it done.

Next year we should be a tall team with a lot of high motor players coming in to mix with this bunch. I will be so glad to have a 6'3 PG again who has the demeanor of Marcus Smart. Keep an ear out for Dominic Magee next year. Kid has a chip on his shoulder to prove his worth.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
TigerJ said:
I will be so glad to have a 6'3 PG again who has the demeanor of Marcus Smart.

Im gonna predict this statement gets some fun replies,

Reaction Score
i cannot believe memphis won let alone covered the 5.5 spread. They are very undisciplined and are god awful at the FT line but cannot knock the heart and excellent defense they played. Congrats-But tell your coach to have practices dedicated to shooting lessons!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was out with Mrs. Chin celebrating her birthday, or as I refer to it, the prelude to a donation to the porcelain goddess.

Anywho saw the game at a club and have to give credit to Memphis for fighting for that win. The last five minutes was a battle of wills and Memphis won all the 50/50 balls and all the hustle plays.

I was watching the comeback and was trying to think of the last time I saw UConn players playing that hard, with that much desperation and treating every possession like the game depended on it.

Reaction Score
i cannot believe memphis won let alone covered the 5.5 spread. They are very undisciplined and are god awful at the FT line but cannot knock the heart and excellent defense they played. Congrats-But tell your coach to have practices dedicated to shooting lessons!
Ok ?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Memphis showed out on ESPN GameDay...huge win!

image_zps0a1b22fd.jpg

image_zps86b8501a.jpg

Reaction Score
Solid OOC win for UM and the Chop Suey Conference. Keep playing hard and good things will happen.

Reaction Score
I'll tell him to keep covering the spread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom