Memphis | The Boneyard

Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Granted they are playing Siena who has no big men, however, I am surprised at Memphis. They are not a good defensive team. They cannot guard man on man and try to get away with a lot of double team/trap. a guard who sees the floor and has a handle will beat that and take advantage of the one man advantage. They rely on sneaking up behind guards bringing the ball up and trying to slap ball away. The refs are letting them get away with a lot of slapping. Offensively they can make the open 3 and Siena is giving it to them. IF they play against Lville or UCONN today, I think it would not be a close game.
The good thing about the Siena team - their coach is a Deadhead - luv it!!!!!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Memphis certainly looks better than they did against Ok State. I only saw the second half but they did a good job on transition defense and made a better effort to prevent penetration. I am sure that they will play out of their minds when we face them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Memphis certainly looks better than they did against Ok State. I only saw the second half but they did a good job on transition defense and made a better effort to prevent penetration. I am sure that they will play out of their minds when we face them.
I agree they looked better defensively in the 2nd half but I think Siena had both foul trouble and gave up. I think OK State is the best team in USA- very athletic and boy are they disciplined offensively when running sets. PLUS they have Marcus Smart- (sorry Bazz) the hands down best player in NCAA

Reaction Score
It was a close game when we played Loyola of Maryland...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Memphis is a pretty good defensive team overall. They may have had an off night last night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's the same kind of Memphis team. Make the tournament maybe win a game. If they get a favorable matchup maybe they get to the Sweet 16. One and done being more likely than winning 2.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Memphis team simply can't shoot. How many airballs have they had already? The guy with the pony tail missed a wide open 8 footer that barely touched the rim.

I think they will still win this game, because LSU sucks, but this team has some issues.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We don't look like a top 25 team right now...but I'll take a win over a decent SEC team.
Regardless of what nelson syas, lsu is going to be in the top 4 teams of the sec - they looked tired today - eventhough they didnt looked good today, memphis had a good win

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
LSU head coach was also the head coach at Memphis for a season...always had respect for coach Jones...they'll end up as a good win for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom