Memphis - Temple | The Boneyard

Memphis - Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So it's Saturday morning here and the in-laws are coming over for lunch. Great excuse to watch some football on the Slingbox!

Temple's kicker has a good leg. Looked very solid on a 43 yarder.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Yeah he does.
Attendance looks like last week's Game at the Rent.
AAC not setting too many attendance records.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Not blown away by either of these teams. I expected Memphis to be a bit more explosive given how many points they put up against UCLA. First time I've seen them this year...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Yeah he does.
Attendance looks like last week's Game at the Rent.
AAC not setting too many attendance records.

Attendance will never be good at the Linc for the Owls. They could have an amazing team and I still don't see them drawing more than 25k or 30k on a good day. They averaged 22k last year and their best figure this year so far was 28k against Navy. Given the stadium can seat almost 70k, it will always look pretty crappy.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
jbdphi said:
Attendance will never be good at the Linc for the Owls. They could have an amazing team and I still don't see them drawing more than 25k or 30k on a good day. They averaged 22k last year and their best figure this year so far was 28k against Navy. Given the stadium can seat almost 70k, it will always look pretty crappy.

Yeah, not throwing stones. Just commiserating. It's an awesome stadium but it sure looks sparse. I'd like to get down for a game...maybe next time.

Reaction Score
Not blown away by either of these teams. I expected Memphis to be a bit more explosive given how many points they put up against UCLA. First time I've seen them this year...
Maybe because both teams have top 50 defenses. Our offense came through when it counted. We are 6-3 and in first place.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Maybe because both teams have top 50 defenses. Our offense came through when it counted. We are 6-3 and in first place.

Good for you guys. Sometimes it is tough to distinguish between good defense and bad offense - I saw a lot of Temple dropped passes.

With only seeing results and no games I thought you guys had a more powerful offense and I thought you had a real good chance for the league title. Now I'm not so sure as I think if UConn continues to improve (fingers crossed) we could give you guys some trouble.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats on the win. I did not watch much but what I saw showed a defense that was disciplined and fairly quick sideline to sideline.

Reaction Score
Good for you guys. Sometimes it is tough to distinguish between good defense and bad offense - I saw a lot of Temple dropped passes.

With only seeing results and no games I thought you guys had a more powerful offense and I thought you had a real good chance for the league title. Now I'm not so sure as I think if UConn continues to improve (fingers crossed) we could give you guys some trouble.
Our offense is explosive. We average 36.5 ppg. Fuente went conservative most the game because of how Temple feeds off its defense. If you actually watch a couple of our early games and not the score you see how fast we move the ball. We are top 25 in number of plays ran right behind Boise State. We will probably open our offense back up after Temple.

Also last I check you guys are playing us in Memphis. The pressure of getting to the bowl is off and this will be the last game for those seniors who have endured hell for most their career. Memphis and the city will behind this team. This city loves winners and that's what this team has given them.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Our offense is explosive. We average 36.5 ppg. Fuente went conservative most the game because of how Temple feeds off its defense. If you actually watch a couple of our early games and not the score you see how fast we move the ball. We are top 25 in number of plays ran right behind Boise State. We will probably open our offense back up after Temple.
Sure buddy.

Reaction Score

I watched one quarter. Brutal watch.

And I refuse to allow a Memphis fan to trash talk UConn. Memphis.

Reaction Score

I didn't trash talk UConn. I was answering the question to the poster who asked why we weren't scoring as many points we have been doing. He assumes we are all hype because of the defensive battle.

You are being to quick to pick a fight that isn't there.

Reaction Score
Sure buddy.
I understand how you might take that as me not respecting UConn's defense. You guys have NFL talent on that side of the ball as well. I meant Fuente was conservative because Temple mirrors Houston with the pressure they bring and that is the best way right now to handle that defense. The goal was to get to a bowl game and Fuente wanted to maximize that oppurtunity. I was glad our guys got a gutty win when offense wasn't going smoothly. I expect UConn to give us a good game as well. We just will be less conservative now that the pressure of a bowl is out the way .

Reaction Score
You'll see em again in a couple weeks. I fell asleep when Memphis was up 13-10. Snoozer to that point.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

6-3 (4-1)...welcome to the AAC!

imagejpg1_zps77ba7294.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member