Memphis smoking Cincy | The Boneyard

Memphis smoking Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis lost at home to Temple, 41-21, last year. either the tigers' same players and same coaching staff got a whole lot better or they have a lot of juco transfers.

Reaction Score
Paxton Lynch was terrible last year as a Freshman but has turned into a nice QB as a Sophomore. Hello Bob Diaco!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Memphis improved last year but UConn fans didn't notice because they caught them on the road in bad weather with nothing to play for.

When you are constantly 2-10 the first step is to be 2-10 and not getting blown out every week.

It wasn't an accident they played Mississippi to a draw for three quarters last week on the road.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Memphis lost at home to Temple, 41-21, last year. either the tigers' same players and same coaching staff got a whole lot better or they have a lot of juco transfers.

our Seniors last season (left over from the previous coach) quit after our 7th loss of the season...Memphis gave zero effort against Temple and UConn because of that.

these kids were all recruited by Fuente to run his system, and it seems to be paying off.

Memphis is 3-2 (1-0) and still has games against teams like: Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, USF, UConn...we just might get to 6-7 wins at this pace.

Reaction Score
Memphis, in the third year of the Fuentes turn around project, will go 9 & 3 at worst this year. They also do not play ECU.
Younger players bought in.......

Though most here would like to see an invite to the B1G or ACC, this new league could be pretty good if it continues to develop and a new TV contract happens.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
our Seniors last season (left over from the previous coach) quit after our 7th loss of the season...Memphis gave zero effort against Temple and UConn because of that.

these kids were all recruited by Fuente to run his system, and it seems to be paying off.

Memphis is 3-2 (1-0) and still has games against teams like: Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, USF, UConn...we just might get to 6-7 wins at this pace.

I'm sure the last thing you want is high expectations but I think Memphis could conceivably run the table the rest of the year. Nobody else on their schedule (yes, including UConn) would be particularly daunting. Missing ECU and UCF on the schedule means you could potentially share the conference with ECU while both being undefeated. Almost makes you wish there was a conference championship game this year, doesn't it?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I'm sure the last thing you want is high expectations but I think Memphis could conceivably run the table the rest of the year. Nobody else on their schedule (yes, including UConn) would be particularly daunting. Missing ECU and UCF on the schedule means you could potentially share the conference with ECU while both being undefeated. Almost makes you wish there was a conference championship game this year, doesn't it?

my head tells me that's possible...my heart tells me to remember this is Memphis football, and to just be happy with 6-7 wins.

either way, It's time to pay Justin Fuente some real $$$

Reaction Score
my head tells me that's possible...my heart tells me to remember this is Memphis football, and to just be happy with 6-7 wins.

either way, It's time to pay Justin Fuente some real $

Outstanding coach. He left a huge void when he left TCU.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
^ Tulsa had first shot at him and declined...bet they feel silly about that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom