Memphis Pre-Game Press | The Boneyard

Memphis Pre-Game Press

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, is genp
Egad, how many different ways can you ask Kia the same darn friggin' question! Batouly... baffling.

Why Batouly "baffling". I liked her short interview. She sounds incredibly upbeat and clear about how she can contribute. Katie Lou reinforces that in her interview adding that her toughness is something that is missing and just knocking some people down on their "tushies" is valuable. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, is genp

Why Batouly "baffling". I liked her short interview. She sounds incredibly upbeat and clear about how she can contribute. Katie Lou reinforces that in her interview adding that her toughness is something that is missing and just knocking some people down on their "tushies" is valuable. :D

I caught early in the interview that see doesn't feel she's back yet. "When that time comes [to get out there] it'll come and hopefully I'll be ready." So, what is that saying? That doesn't sound like:

Reaction Score
I disagree with Katie Lou. Kia will knock people down. When Marina Mabrey got mad at Napheesa for grabbing at the ball, you could see Kia in the background yelling at Marina. Also, in the Duquesne game Kia and a Duquesne player went for a loose ball, and Kia threw her to the ground in the fight for the ball.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I caught early in the interview that see doesn't feel she's back yet. "When that time comes [to get out there] it'll come and hopefully I'll be ready." So, what is that saying? That doesn't sound like:

It sounds like a player that knows that she will get in not only when she is physically 100% but shows enough in practice. Still, she sounds very upbeat to me. She was grinning the whole time. I am confident she will get some minutes on Sunday.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It sounds like a player that knows that she will get in not only when she is physically 100% but shows enough in practice. Still, she sounds very upbeat to me. She was grinning the whole time. I am confident she will get some minutes on Sunday.

Hope so. She must have at least a modicum of confidence in the leg to get out there and be effective.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Egad, how many different ways can you ask Kia the same darn friggin' question! Batouly... baffling.
Based on your question, I thought you were talking about Batouly getting the same question she had just answered.

Under the category of Things I'd Like to Hear Somebody Say:

Reporter: "Lou, how important is the conference opener?"

Lou: "Not very. It's just Memphis and I think you know we know we will win handily. In the long run of things, not very important. I'll be thinking of the ball dropping at midnight."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting thoughts on the freshman from CD. Even Stewie struggled as a freshman. Only Maya didn't. The hope is for improvement while they are off from school.

Was CD interviewed because Geno was watching Christyn or class of 2019/2020 kids?

Reaction Score

My pet peeve. Most of the questions these kids get asked border on the inane. I wonder sometimes how they put up with it so gracefully. I guess the local press are decent writers, but they are really awful interviewers.

Reaction Score
I disagree with Katie Lou. Kia will knock people down. When Marina Mabrey got mad at Napheesa for grabbing at the ball, you could see Kia in the background yelling at Marina. Also, in the Duquesne game Kia and a Duquesne player went for a loose ball, and Kia threw her to the ground in the fight for the ball.

Good point....just creates some terrific expectations for when Batouly is recovered!

Reaction Score
Obviously, I couldn't hear Touly---but her animation, upbeat, smiling attitude came through. I could learn to like that young lady. What was baffling?

Reaction Score
Interesting thoughts on the freshman from CD. Even Stewie struggled as a freshman. Only Maya didn't. The hope is for improvement while they are off from school.

Was CD interviewed because Geno was watching Christyn or class of 2019/2020 kids?
I don't know about you--but the FROSH from the LIMITED time I have seen them--were doing well.
Walker is as we expected her to be. AEh is a bit more than I expected. Mykala Coombs in one short burst of energy show an exceptional amount of speed, knowledge, talent. Alexi is getting there, the talent is within her that's obvious. I believe that during this next run of AAC games--with game PT will blossom before our eyes--this is one heck of a group of Frosh. I haven't been this high on Frosh since Stew, Tuck, Moriah.

Reaction Score
Hockey!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I think Lou meant a need to increase physicality in the natural run of play where a bruising low post offensive rebounding presence can leave an indelible impression. If Lou senses it is a missing component, than it must be the case since she is in the foxhole.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Based on your question, I thought you were talking about Batouly getting the same question she had just answered.

Lou: "Not very. It's just Memphis and I think you know we know we will win handily. In the long run of things, not very important. I'll be thinking of the ball dropping at midnight."

Funny, but if she said that she'd earn a heck of a lot of pine time.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

You're correct, Gus. It's a throwaway question and one I wouldn't expect from a seasoned reporter. Hearing it made me cringe.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Obviously, I couldn't hear Touly---but her animation, upbeat, smiling attitude came through. I could learn to like that young lady. What was baffling?
BVa: Are you aware of closed captioning on those YouTube bits? Hover around on the lower right hand corner of the screen and you should see a CC button somewhere.

Reaction Score
BVa: Are you aware of closed captioning on those YouTube bits? Hover around on the lower right hand corner of the screen and you should see a CC button somewhere.
NO I was not away. Thank you so much for letting me know that. That will open a whole new world for me. I can't thank you enough. Thank you!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom