Memphis postgame quotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis postgame quotes

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If Ollie came out after the game and said, "These kids suck" would you guys all be happier? What he says to the media isn't going to change much. That's not how he operates. What matters is what he says to the guys in the locker room and in the huddles, which obviously isn't working.

Reaction Score
"I don't know what it was, but we're going to have to correct it," Huskies coach Kevin Ollie said after emerging from a postgame session with his team that extended well past 25 minutes. "We didn't play our UConn style. We got outrebounded. We got out-toughed in every area of the game."

If he doesn't know what it was then how is he going to correct it?

The biggest problem is the construction of the roster. There's just not enough talent. Shooting and ball handling are huge issues.

This is it. Not enough talent. Vitale just isn't good enough to be the #2 offensive option. The young guys look unsure of themselves and hesitate when decisive action is required. Jalen can't score 25 a game efficiently when teams double him all the time. Can't get head around Anderson being better than I thought the 1st 5 games and now way worse.

Too may turnovers, give up offensive rebounds leads to opponent getting way more shots than UConn.

Vs. previous game, sure implies having Larrier on the court or not has more of an impact than his stats suggest.

Think I'll tape the Villanova game so I know the end story before I watch. This could get real ugly even with Larrier.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Vs. previous game, sure implies having Larrier on the court or not has more of an impact than his stats suggest.

It made sense to play zone last night to prevent the dribble penetration against Memphis. Larrier at the top of the zone with his length is key for it to work and without him they stopped playing and went back to man to man. His impact there would have been on the defensive end as well.

Reaction Score
"I don't know what it was, but we're going to have to correct it," Huskies coach Kevin Ollie said after emerging from a postgame session with his team that extended well past 25 minutes. "We didn't play our UConn style. We got outrebounded. We got out-toughed in every area of the game."

If he doesn't know what it was then how is he going to correct it?

The biggest problem is the construction of the roster. There's just not enough talent. Shooting and ball handling are huge issues.

Lacking talent does not explain getting outhustled and out-toughed.

The exodus last spring was supposed to clear out soft players who didn't buy in. We turned over about 70% of the roster, and it's still the same story.

Either KO still can't identify the right players, attitude-wise, or he still can't motivate them. Either way, it's obvious that he is not the answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom