Memphis postgame quotes | The Boneyard

Memphis postgame quotes

Reaction Score
Broken record. I really hate the Ollie post game press conferences this season. Even when they win he doesn't sound good.

Reaction Score
Honest question to people:

If this isn't time to fire a head coach, then when would that time look like, exactly?

I get the buy out, etc. What more would you need to see him get canned or how bad does it have to honestly get before you just check out? I gotta know.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
He just seems burned out to me.

No comparison to JC is fair, but he always seemed like he lived to coach -- that he loved coaching and competing.

From the outside, KO seems to be going through the motions -- doing his job, but not living and breathing it. Maybe he loves to coach, but it's not showing right now.

Reaction Score
Oh good.
That explains why he sat on his ass most of the game.
Yea that’s one thing I couldn’t overlook and I actually want Ollie to stick around for many years to come, but the way it looked just was bad while a 95 year old tubby up and engaged

Reaction Score
So detached. How about saying “I’m the head of this program, I take full responsibility for this embarrassing loss, and this gonna change tomorrow. We will prove to Uconn Nation that this program is coming back and on the rise. Otherwise, say nothing. Reciting statistics from the game in a monotone voice, and otherwise restating the obvious does zero to invoke anymsense of confidence in the Fanbase in him or the program. We are at national embarrassment levels and the time is come for him saying something of substance and about what’s going to be different and how things are going to change

Reaction Score
Honest question to people:

If this isn't time to fire a head coach, then when would that time look like, exactly?

I get the buy out, etc. What more would you need to see him get canned or how bad does it have to honestly get before you just check out? I gotta know.

What is accomplished firing him now? It's not like it would get better under the assistants. I still let this play out till end of season then assess. As little faith as I have in him turning it around, you have to give every opportunity available for it to happen until you can't afford to anymore. There's nothing gained by a midseason firing.

Reaction Score
What is accomplished firing him now? It's not like it would get better under the assistants. I still let this play out till end of season then assess. As little faith as I have in him turning it around, you have to give every opportunity available for it to happen until you can't afford to anymore. There's nothing gained by a midseason firing.

I said that. I get the buy out. I get all that.

Sans going on the tear of tears and winning a national title I swear there's almost nothing he could do at this point to justify bringing him back.

Reaction Score

No comparison to JC is fair, but he always seemed like he lived to coach -- that he loved coaching and competing.

From the outside, KO seems to be going through the motions -- doing his job, but not living and breathing it. Maybe he loves to coach, but it's not showing right now.

And this is why he should be gone after the season. I said it before his players respect him but they dont fear him. YOu need a touch of fear to be a coach and Ollie is about as scary as a french bulldog puppy.

Reaction Score

I think it was the divorce and the original 5 year contract that did him in. He had to fight his entire NBA career to stay in the league and had to prove himself his first two years at UConn. Looks like he got complacent after winning the championship and getting the big five year contract.

Reaction Score
The irony is again KO didn't call a timeout until 1 minute left in the half.
When you yield 18 points at half, yeah things tend to get away from you unless we're talking girls high school basketball and the other squad has 15. But then again I do a disservice to girls basketball because I don't ever recall a Lady Husky skipping a game for a headache.

Reaction Score
Yes there is, but it's a damned if we do and damned if we don't. I would think the whole staff would have to go. What worries me is if a change isn't made now, one or two key players request a transfer in March like last year, and then Akinjo and-or Kisunas try and back out of their commitment. On the other hand if a change is made now, Akinjo and Kisunas have to be given their releases, if they don't like the new coach and staff.

Reaction Score

very fair assessment. Something changed with him about 2-3 seasons ago. Some have speculated the divorce, missing the west coast, etc.
not sure, but whatever it is, if Ollie doesn't figure it out, he's gone.

Reaction Score
Figure it out. How much more time to figure it out. I got your post Marty but I just believe he's done and has checked out and we might never know what the hell has changed so much. Watched the last 3 games of our 2014 run this morning and contrast that with what's going on now is like the freaking twilight zone. He won't be the here next year don't know how it will shake out but he's gone and if we lose some recruits so be it. I believe they will work out the financial end someway.

Reaction Score

The game got away from them when they announced TL was out. Collectively, the players and staff, then decided to quit without even trying. I didn't expect much, especially from the players, but to see a coaching staff go through the motions is embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Let him finish this season, fire him exactly 1 minute after the last game, buy him a separate coach ticket to LA, one way. Bring Hurley in the next day. The program is an embarrassment. A complete and utter embarrassment. As stated last night and elsewhere in the Yard, we were destroyed by a team that lost all but two players last year. Tubby had almost his whole team leave last year, yet he was still able to put together a team that’s 30 points better than UConn.

Reaction Score
"I don't know what it was, but we're going to have to correct it," Huskies coach Kevin Ollie said after emerging from a postgame session with his team that extended well past 25 minutes. "We didn't play our UConn style. We got outrebounded. We got out-toughed in every area of the game."

If he doesn't know what it was then how is he going to correct it?

The biggest problem is the construction of the roster. There's just not enough talent. Shooting and ball handling are huge issues.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
"I don't know what it was, but we're going to have to correct it," Huskies coach Kevin Ollie said after emerging from a postgame session with his team that extended well past 25 minutes. "We didn't play our UConn style. We got outrebounded. We got out-toughed in every area of the game."

If he doesn't know what it was then how is he going to correct it?

The biggest problem is the construction of the roster. There's just not enough talent. Shooting and ball handling are huge issues.

Yes unfortunately KO won't be able to correct IT. We can't afford to miss ANY player especially Larrier to have a chance. Some may say that Larrier wouldn't have made the difference to make up the 20+ pt difference. It maybe true that the team would have still lost, but maybe not. If Larrier was there as a another scoring option Jalen would have not been so tightly guarded and they may not have fallen behind so quickly. That could have given them a chance in this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom