Memphis Game Is Sold Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memphis Game Is Sold Out

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The XL will be rocking! I even expect students to show up. It the words of an all-time great and future HOFer, "The XL Center has a little piece of my heart. XL Center marked a big game for us."

Reaction Score
You gotta try the Fed. A classic dive. One of the few remaining.

The Fed.... Opened in 1937 by my old high school friend's grandfather. Then owned by his father and finally by my friend until the early 2000's. It's been sold a few times since then. It was our regular pre and post game hangout for 15-20 years starting in the late 1980's. These days, it's like an old friend when I go in.

When one of my friends of my generation ;-) got married last year, we did a bachelor party pub crawl in Hartford. Started with dinner & drinks & live music at Black Eyed Sally's > Pig's Eye Pub > Rockinghorse Cafe . Russian Lady and had to finish the night at the Fed.

Reaction Score
We are going to beat Memphis! The loud and boisterous sold out home crowd is gonna help make it happen. The crowd at Gampel for the Cincinnati win was awesome, I expect the fans and support at the XL will be just as good. Sunday baby, let's go!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll be there and can't wait!

4th game of the season for me and 1st game with my wife. The other three games for me were the Florida, Wichita State and Cincy games, so I've been spoiled with excellent live games this year.

With Jeffries out, Memphis is mostly wing-less where they balance guards with bigs and a major offensive focus with Achiuwa.

Defensive keys to win the game:

1) Lock down streaky shooters (Harris, Ellis, Quinones) without fouling.

2) Use those fouls to harass Achiuwa down low (57.5% FT shooter). It's a good game to have Carlton and Whaley use their five fouls and then go with Akok at the 5 for those ~10 minutes when Precious is out of the game.

3) Disrupt the ball handlers (Baugh/Lomax) to limit good looks to Precious and the team's shooters.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of going with Carlton and whaley.they have shown a lot lately and amkok is not.i think akok has hit a wall!

Reaction Score
Funny story about that game. My buddies car blew up the second we parked in the garage. Spent the whole game in the bar talking to the police/firefighters.
Yikes, I parked in that garage that day myself. What happened?

Reaction Score
We're definitely going to get up there early to grab a drink or two, is this the best bar to go to pregame? I want the best atmosphere to get us pumped up before the game.

Stop by our Husky Ticket Project pregame fundraiser if you're looking for a bar at Black Eyed Sallys across from XL. ADimeBack is doing a live podcast, we'll have a raffle and silent auction. Will be a great time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the end and OT of the Memphis-Cincinnati game last night. Was kind of rooting for Memphis so the Huskies wouldn't have to play them coming off a loss. But I also didn't mind seeing Cincinnati win because it's just fun to see Memphis and Penny fail after all the pre-season hype they got. Obviously Wiseman leaving changed everything but it's still good to see them fail.

Not sure I can stomach watching Quinones again running up and down the court with his girls volleyball shorts. What is he thinking?

Reaction Score
I have 2 for Sunday if anyone needs them. Have to go to my son's Conf Championship meet for indoor track up in Boston. DM me if interested.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
There are very very few fanbases that can draw 16k for a barely .500 team on a mid-February Sunday against Memphis State.

the UConn fanbase is good. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise (especially other UConn fans)
This is very true. There are ranked teams that don't sell out at home. And it's rare that a college team even plays in an arena that can fit 16K.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yikes, I parked in that garage that day myself. What happened?

It was my buddies work car, apparently there was a recall a few years back and the guy who drove it when the recall was announced did nothing with it.

We drove from Wilton to Hartford, parked, and black smoke just poured out of the hood.

There was one guy who left his tickets in his car and couldn’t go back and retrieve them. Felt so bad

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For some reason I can't DM you. Can you message me, if you're still looking?
change your settings and allow people to message you and you to message them

Reaction Score
the people want to see lil penny:

complex-lil-penny-hardaway-ah-02

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member