Memory Lane | The Boneyard

Memory Lane

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is necessary for the elders of the UConn Tribe to gather the youngsters around the fire at night and tell stories of the warriors of old, lest the greatness be forgotten. In that spirit I offer the final seconds of the 2001 Big East Championship between UConn and Notre Dame. Drama, daring do and poignancy (the reactions of our injured warriors).

Post script: This is the game in which Shea went down at 5:18 remaining in the first half. Also, Sue's heroics were necessary because Ruth Riley moved her pivot foot and got away with a walk as she did again and again in her college career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is necessary for the elders of the UConn Tribe to gather the youngsters around the fire at night and tell stories of the warriors of old, lest the greatness be forgotten. In that spirit I offer the final seconds of the 2001 Big East Championship between UConn and Notre Dame. Drama, daring do and poignancy (the reactions of our injured warriors).

Post script: This is the game in which Shea went down at 5:18 remaining in the first half. Also, Sue's heroics were necessary because Ruth Riley moved her pivot foot and got away with a walk as she did again and again in her college career.

To whom are you passing the Mandan Talking Stick??
Many BE games were not easy---however SUE made me/us believe she could /would do anything to win, and usually did. Half-time beyond half court shot and final blazing run nearly full court to make the winning shot. Amazing!! Whether this was Geno's greats or least among the great--they were amazing.
Met them at Bradley on return from the NC wins--and the NC loss to ND---weaker fans didn't show after the loss--Sveta--the Russian Americans learned to love--remember the Sveta "Mother's" group?? Then it was said she "played like a guy", now UCWBB fans give the highest accolades by saying: He plays like a girl

Reaction Score
I suggest you start at the beginning, before Meg and Debbie were just talking heads. Also Kerry Bascom, Laura Lishness, and Wendy Davis versus Dawn Staley and Tonya Cardoza:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

You stink. I hadn't been misty eyed all day, now this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom