Memo to ESPN: Criminals, Malcontents Should Not Be Glorified | The Boneyard

Memo to ESPN: Criminals, Malcontents Should Not Be Glorified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree with this. I admit to watching this game because I was interested to see if Clemson could beat FSU with their backup QB in. I'd say about half of the post-play coverage for every FSU offensive play was of Winston's reactions on the sideline. This doesn't count the number of times the ESPiN announcers talked about him or the hours and days of coverage he has gotten leading up to the game. Aside: CLemson's FR QB is going to be a star in the ACC very soon but nobody is talking about him...only coverage of Winston.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm glad that POS isn't representing UCONN in any way, shape or form. I had to cringe my way through Marcus Williams and AJ Price on my hoops team and that was tough. But if I had to cringe my way through this POS on my football team, I would be utterly embarrassed of and for my alma mater.

Reaction Score
Kids ain't perfect none of us are, but Winston has had some so many incidents already that he should no longer get a pass.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Kids ain't perfect none of us are, but Winston has had some so many incidents already that he should no longer get a pass.

Agreed. I have no problem giving a college kid second or even third chances. He's had about 5 or 6 (that we know of). The only thing ESPiN's love affair with Winston does is encourage the very type of deviant behavior that the game is trying to clean up.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I have no problem giving a college kid second or even third chances. He's had about 5 or 6 (that we know of). The only thing ESPiN's love affair with Winston does is encourage the very type of deviant behavior that the game is trying to clean up.

Key words: "that we know of"

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Winston should enjoy his 15+ minutes of fame he's ego will make him a bust

Reaction Score
I expect Winston's life to end up somewhere between Ray Rice and Aaron Hernandez.

Reaction Score
Completely disagree with the article.

Winston was the story.
FSU made a farce of the suspension by allowing him on the sidelines, and in his jersey no less. ESPN merely exposed that farce.

Reaction Score
Completely disagree with the article.

Winston was the story.
FSU made a farce of the suspension by allowing him on the sidelines, and in his jersey no less. ESPN merely exposed that farce.

This is exactly right. Whether people like him or not, whether you think he was glorified or not.....ESPN is in it for big ratings. It's not their job to tell us what to watch and how to react. Winston was the story. From the pregame antics to his reactions on the sidelines. People tuned in for that en masse. ESPN is supposed to ignore that? Foolish.

FSU should have never let him within 500 yards of Doak Campbell on Saturday.

Reaction Score
He is a party boy. Not a hardened criminal. He won't steal anything once he has money to buy it.

His problem will be women. Not for him but for his boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom