@melogroovy | The Boneyard

@melogroovy

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
To hell with the dude the guy and the MH. I'm on the groovy train. This account comes out of nowhere when the MD bomb went off and starts putting out reallignment inside info, with quotations no less, to a grand total of two followers. 2. He is up to 10 now.

Now I know what you are thinking, 2 followers, this guy has no credibility. But he used quotation marks and you and I both know quotation marks = someone else talking and that someone else is clearly an insider. Being an outsider I'm very intrigued about inside information. Also why only tweet to two followers unless you are clearly the covert dissemenator of information to an underground network of presidents and ADs who know to search for your name without following you.

So what is MG saying these days?

"The ACC made a horrible mistake by passing over UConn, a mistake that will haunt the conference for years..."

"Delany believes UConn would be a go but there is time and some selling to do..."

"Will fit the profile within 3 years but the school must overcome some negative perception."

Move over king tweeps on BS mountain, the emperors got a new groove.

Reaction Score
So he has 3 years to be right. That's really going out on a limb.

That's like saying the Patriots will beat the Giants in the Super Bowl sometime in the next 20 years. Yeah right....nevermind. :D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think this is a Syracuse fan just messing with us.

If true...based on the name, it must be Carmelo Anthony right?:)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
melogroovy@melogroovy
UVa prospective partner is yet to be decided. UConn gaining momentum.

melogroovy@melogroovy
noting will happen with UVa until MD exit fee is resolved.
If groovy predicted the Md thing then I would say he had inside stuff. Otherwise I'm going to have to be Natalie Wood and say "I believe, I believe. I know it's silly but I believe." And who knows maybe we get our miracle as well. The funny thing is I do believe but not because of groovy. I believe because of Kembamiracle!

Reaction Score
If groovy predicted the Md thing then I would say he had inside stuff. Otherwise I'm going to have to be Natalie Wood and say "I believe, I believe. I know it's silly but I believe." And who knows maybe we get our miracle as well. The funny thing is I do believe but not because of groovy. I believe because of Kembamiracle!

I might be playing Jedi mind tricks on myself, but the more I talk to people that are fans of other schools and the more I look at the profile of UConn, thinking that there has to be ongoing discussions with the B1G/ACC really makes more logical sense than thinking that we are going to get left with the rest of the worst in the new big east or whatever.

heavy research/academic investment that even before the investment falls in the middle of the pack academically with B1G/ACC
Huge captive market for TV station
Great non-football sports for TV station
Only Con is the relative uncertainty of the football team being successful long term, and the stadium being off campus (although Minn had an off campus stadium for years, so this is not a requirement for B1G it would seem).
I think for MBB it is obvious that if/when we sign Ollie long term and get into an attractive conference, we will be just fine. The team is already exceeding expectations based on the quality of the roster right now.

If you compare UConn to the rest of what is left, we really stick out like a sore thumb in terms of academic/athletic success, and athletic budget and commitment. We have great Football facilities, and will soon have great BBall facilities.

It just does not make logical sense for a major conference not to find all of these things attractive, regardless of how much of a B Herbst is and how much of a fat slob Manual is. We are a high profile school with a winning brand in a high populous area. It makes sense to think a school like that will be OK in the long run.

Reaction Score

same here I believe!

Reaction Score
I agree that logically that UConn makes sense if the BiG focused on the Northeast instead of taking a shot south towards UNC and/or G Tech. Of course, when has logical been part of this realignment process.
I do think one wild card is if ND decides that the ACC is no longer a good home for them non-football wise and may look back towards the BiG. If the Big was to grab UVA and ND now, they will not expand for a while and UConn will be on the outside, in the cold, begging before the ACC . It is a thin chance as I think ND will go to the BiG when the conferences expand to 20.

Reaction Score
I agree that logically that UConn makes sense if the BiG focused on the Northeast instead of taking a shot south towards UNC and/or G Tech. Of course, when has logical been part of this realignment process.
I do think one wild card is if ND decides that the ACC is no longer a good home for them non-football wise and may look back towards the BiG. If the Big was to grab UVA and ND now, they will not expand for a while and UConn will be on the outside, in the cold, begging before the ACC . It is a thin chance as I think ND will go to the BiG when the conferences expand to 20.

ND is as fearful of being landlocked in the midwest as they are of ther ACC crumbling. In the end, they have nothing to fear, they can play the indy card all the way to the bank while constantly holding out their olympic sports like a shady used car salesman offers out the extended warranty.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The B!G won't allow ND to park all sports except football in their conference. That is only something desperate conferences need to do and the B!G at this point in time is not desperate. Perhaps if ND had another losing season, they might have been forced to seek refuge. But this season all but guarantees ND can be football independent until or if CR goes as people propose and ND's access to post season bowls become severely impeded.

Reaction Score
So he has 3 years to be right. That's really going out on a limb.

That's like saying the Patriots will beat the Giants in the Super Bowl sometime in the next 20 years. Yeah right....nevermind. :D
not saying i believe...
but who wouldn't sign up for a 3 year wait... that would be an ideal situation.

Reaction Score
Bump. I did not see this thread. This board is nuts. Why the am I even here?!?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Bump. I did not see this thread. This board is nuts. Why the **** am I even here?!?
To avoid going nuts!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Mr groovy has awoken. Pitt and Cincy to big 12, uconn to ACC and alliance.

Check him out

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Mr groovy has awoken. Pitt and Cincy to big 12, uconn to ACC and alliance.

Check him out

Dude, he's got like 30 followers, many of which are Boneyarders. I think he's either HFD, Fishy or a Cuse biatch messing with us like has been suggested before, but either way, he's definitely my favorite twitter follow...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Bump. I did not see this thread. This board is nuts. Why the am I even here?!?

Cause you're searching for any shred of hope like many of the rest of us here, even the ones you disagree and debate with.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
RMoore just answered my question of "Who the hell is Melogroovy again?"

If it were true....IF.....it would actually make sense from a strategic standpoint for both conferences somewhat. Pitt restores their rivalry with WVU. Cincy gives B12 penetration into Ohio. ACC takes back some of the eastern seaboard that they lose with Maryland, but with further penetration into the NYC market. Both leagues collaborate for mutual benefit and survival through scheduling, etc.

But remind me again of how this keeps the B1G out of the ACC?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Melo's comments makes some sense to me.

And I still think when this all settles we will look back at the lack of an OOC schedule as the most telling sign that Uconn's admin was working on something not affiliated with the NBE.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Three things make groovy different. 1) the info isn't constant and attention seeking. 2) you are correct that he only has thirty followers. When he started he had 2. If I were someone who was connected and I wanted to share my info I would just throw it out there in the twittersphere with no regard for who is listening. 3) all the groovy posts are from the b1g offices perspective. If someone is blowing smoke they are pretty good at it.

I prefer the groovy to all the other wackjobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom