OT: - Melo to Thunder | The Boneyard

OT: Melo to Thunder

Reaction Score
For Kanter, Mcdermott and a pick. Not sure of that package but he wanted to go.

Reaction Score
Thunder could compete this year. Best PG in the game, Paul George who is a top 10 player at his best, and a somewhat volume scorer in Melo. Westbrook, Roberson, George, and Adams are elite defenders. Should be a fun team.

Reaction Score
NBA >

Melo should be a perfect fit if he humbles himself enough to be the 3rd option as a stretch 4.

Reaction Score
Thunder could compete this year. Best PG in the game, Paul George who is a top 10 player at his best, and a somewhat volume scorer in Melo. Westbrook, Roberson, George, and Adams are elite defenders. Should be a fun team.
Agree with everything you said except Russ being an elite defender, he's actually a pretty bad defender.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything you said except Russ being an elite defender, he's actually a pretty bad defender.

Well, this past season he was a bad defender because he had to do literally everything for his team on offense. In the past, he has been a good defender. Hopefully with some help on offense, he'll improve from last year's defense.

Reaction Score
I have bashed Presti a ton for his terrible roster construction year after year.

He just turned Oladipo, Sabonis, McDermott and Kanter into Melo and PG. Kudos.

Reaction Score
The West is brutal. Holy hell.

The Warriors likely take the 1 seed, but I'm not sure which team gets the 2 seed anymore.

They really need to change who makes the playoffs: best 16 teams, regardless of conference.

Reaction Score
Good now the Knicks can officially tank instead of winning 30-35 games. Have a full year of Porzingis and Nikinla getting acclimated with each other and you get a stud with a high pick you might have something but it is the knicks so I'm not holding out any hope.

Reaction Score

The Warriors likely take the 1 seed, but I'm not sure which team gets the 2 seed anymore.

They really need to change who makes the playoffs: best 16 teams, regardless of conference.

It will be OKC, HOU, and SA all vying for 2nd in the west.

Reaction Score
It will be OKC, HOU, and SA all vying for 2nd in the west.
I mean, another thing to consider that GS's second round series just got really serious. All three of those teams are going to be in the mid-to-upper-50s with wins, provided there are no injuries. Those Western Conference Semifinal matchups will be insane.

Meanwhile, in the East...

Reaction Score
Well, this past season he was a bad defender because he had to do literally everything for his team on offense. In the past, he has been a good defender. Hopefully with some help on offense, he'll improve from last year's defense.

Idk. He went to half his classes (maybe) for the first semester at ' syrexcuse and stole.a title for the picker. He did nothing for the knicks but take money and cap space and knicks get nothing of substance back except a little cap relief. Never liked bim.

Reaction Score
Every Knick fan with a brain should be celebrating today.

OKC fans are a month away from realizing how washed up Melo is. Guy looked old and slow last year. They basically traded Kanter for a 33 y/o perimeter version of Kanter. Decent offense and zero defense. This doesn't change their standing in the West one bit.

Reaction Score
Good now the Knicks can officially tank instead of winning 30-35 games. Have a full year of Porzingis and Nikinla getting acclimated with each other and you get a stud with a high pick you might have something but it is the knicks so I'm not holding out any hope.
And sign Tim Hardaway to a 4 year 71 million contract, yay!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Insane. Can Westbrook, George, and Melo play together?

AFAICT, Melo hasn't shown the ability (or perhaps willingness) to play with anyone else. He just expects everyone else to stay out of his way on offense and cover for him on defense.

Reaction Score
AFAICT, Melo hasn't shown the ability (or perhaps willingness) to play with anyone else. He just expects everyone else to stay out of his way on offense and cover for him on defense.
I'm not a huge Melo fan, but his ability to play in a team system has been attested to by his team USA performances.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm not a huge Melo fan, but his ability to play in a team system has been attested to by his team USA performances.

This.

And hopefully he gets the same result this year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Insane. Can Westbrook, George, and Melo play together?
I don't see how. They only allow one ball on the court at a time during games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You are holding a few games of international play as more important than a 14 year pro career? Melo's reputation is well earned, and he is way past his prime This is a great deal for the Knicks.

Reaction Score

That creates other issue tho. Like a Boston v Portland first round series. The travel would be insane

Reaction Score
Have a full year of Porzingis and Nikinla getting acclimated with each other and you get a stud with a high pick you might have something . . . .
Has ownership changed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom