2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Don’t know his stance on bling but I’m sure our NIL folks can cobble enough scratch to get one of these

t3kkqxfdlkmufpolge2w.jpg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We have a marginal idea of what our starting five will be in 6-7 months and we are talking about the year after next. I do know this….if this staff happens to “cobble” together a team for next year that somehow is good enough to be in a position to three-peat then I will worry about the “next” year.

Somehow I get the sense moving forward we are going to be top ten pre season every year. That’s where we are at now. Probably stays that way until Hurley decides to retire or take a job in the nba. He is the face of CBB. A few more years where he keeps us near the top and one or two more chips and then HOF.

Reaction Score

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The last sentence is completely false. Most portal entries have predetermined destinations when they enter the portal
I’m guessing he means when you are recruiting hs kids to get a commitment during their senior year you have no idea who will be in the portal at the end of the season. If, so, not completely false at all. But as someone who liked your post has lectured us, i guess you weren’t stating a fact and I respect your opinion.

Reaction Score
Although Arkansas and Indiana indicates money as a factor, I like our chances whenever Hurley gets someone on campus.

Reaction Score
Is there anything known about the timing of a visit? I’m assuming perhaps in May, though I wouldn’t mind if the visit were after the NBA Draft, since Castle and Clingan will likely both be lottery picks, and possibly multiple other UConn players could get drafted.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m guessing he means when you are recruiting hs kids to get a commitment during their senior year you have no idea who will be in the portal at the end of the season. If, so, not completely false at all. But as someone who liked your post has lectured us, i guess you weren’t stating a fact and I respect your opinion.
Interesting twist when the adverb "completely" gets added to "false" in a sentence when the subject in that sentence is quite specifically "[t]the last sentence" by way of directly quoting another post.

I happen to agree with your interpretation stated in your first two sentences, and your opinion that it was no "completely false." The "at all" part is superfluous, in my opinion, because it is sufficient rebuttal to claim it's not "completely."

Reaction Score
I think you have this backwards but it’s a cool story I guess.
Sooo you think that Betsy cooled on UConn because he’d rather play on a losing team a good distance from Connecticut where no body is going to ever hear about him again or care about versus playing for the home state school that just won back to back championships and possibly becoming a local hero and doing all of this in front of your family ( like DC). If he’s not that smart then maybe they didn’t want him all that much in the first place. Just saying .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom