Mel Thomas's Mom won what?????? | The Boneyard

Mel Thomas's Mom won what??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://bockfest.com/

The link is to the Bockfest festival held annually in Cincy. They just had their Sausage Queen contest where contestants pretty much embarrass themselves in the pursuit of being elected 'The Sausage Queen' of The 'Nati.

Well....our very own Mary Thomas...Mom of our very own Mel Thomas... entered the competition.
You just know that she went at it with the intensity that Mel went after loose balls for UConn. The other candidates had no shot...no shot!

Mary T....akaContrary Mary....wore a German dress....had a couple of beer holsters attached....wore 80 link sausages as a hair piece....and wowed the crowd in the talent contest by singing her own ditty about sausages to the tune of the Rolling Stones 'Painted Black'.

It was like UConn going against the 16 seed who will be in Bridgeport on March 17....a rout.
She will be leading some kind of parade in the future and will forevermore be known as The Sausage Queen of 2012 in the Queen City.

Congrats to Mary!

I believe her son is an attorney...he is probably negotiating some regional and national endorsement deals as we speak. Sara Lee pastries? Mrs. Gorton's fish sticks? Nothing to compare to Contrary Mary's Links and Patties.

Truth is: a few of us got to know Mary a bit during Mel's years here and she is one delightful soul. Mel's wonderful qualities on and off the court are a direct line from her mother.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just one more reason to love Mel's mom. Go, Mary!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
http://bockfest.com/

The link is to the Bockfest festival held annually in Cincy. They just had their Sausage Queen contest where contestants pretty much embarrass themselves in the pursuit of being elected 'The Sausage Queen' of The 'Nati.

Well....our very own Mary Thomas...Mom of our very own Mel Thomas... entered the competition.
You just know that she went at it with the intensity that Mel went after loose balls for UConn. The other candidates had no shot...no shot!

Mary T....akaContrary Mary....wore a German dress....had a couple of beer holsters attached....wore 80 link sausages as a hair piece....and wowed the crowd in the talent contest by singing her own ditty about sausages to the tune of the Rolling Stones 'Painted Black'.

It was like UConn going against the 16 seed who will be in Bridgeport on March 17....a rout.
She will be leading some kind of parade in the future and will forevermore be known as The Sausage Queen of 2012 in the Queen City.

Congrats to Mary!

I believe her son is an attorney...he is probably negotiating some regional and national endorsement deals as we speak. Sara Lee pastries? Mrs. Gorton's fish sticks? Nothing to compare to Contrary Mary's Links and Patties.

Truth is: a few of us got to know Mary a bit during Mel's years here and she is one delightful soul. Mel's wonderful qualities on and off the court are a direct line from her mother.

Hahha congrats Mary!! lol that is awesome! I have a picture of us from the Supershow of Mel's freshman year.. I'll have to dig that up!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Hahha congrats Mary!! lol that is awesome! I have a picture of us from the Supershow of Mel's freshman year.. I'll have to dig that up!

From the massive Biff Archives....

Mary_kait.jpg

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
From the massive Biff Archives....

Mary_kait.jpg

you have got to have the largest archive ever!! omgoodness thank God I've grown up hahaha

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've never met Mary, but have heard a lot of good things about her. Certainly, her daughter was a tremendous asset at UConn, and now FGCU.

Congrats to Mary! We need some sausage pics for Biff's archives.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
you have got to have the largest archive ever!! omgoodness thank God I've grown up hahaha
Yes, you have Kait and done it very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom