Megs total commitment | The Boneyard

Megs total commitment

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Before you can get better you have to get worse. Meaning you have to change the way your doing things and do things the way your suppose to do them. That comes from coaching and teaching and for the player it means changing the way they play the game. The hardest thing to do is change. Most people will never change they will always take the easy road. To become great at anything you have to re learn what youve been doing wrong for all your years. So your coaches work with you. Train you. Teach you the right way to play the game and then its repetition of those skills until it becomes reflexive and you dont have to think about it, it just happens. It does you no good to sit in the gym and shoot 500 shots a day if your doing it the wrong way. If you do that your instilling the wrong signals to your muscle memory. Thats why you have coaches. UConn has the best coaching staff for that in WCBB. They teach train and develop their players. Then its constant practice or doing it til you cant get it wrong as Bria Hartly has said. How long does that take? As long as it takes for you to get it. Everybody is different.

For Meg we have watched her over the years. Shes made a total commitment and its showing now. To make a total commitment you have to give up doing things the way youve been doing them and do things the way you have to to become successful. You have to have goals too. Meg has done that and the results are showing now. I remember a golf pro giving me a lesson. I stayed on the range after for 2 1/2 hours practicing what he showed me. I hit over 500 golf balls that afternoon. When I felt I had it down I went back up to the pro shop. The second asst pro said to me youve been down there over 2 1/2 hours what are you crazy its 94 degrees. I looked at him and smiled and said. The difference between me and you is that I hit balls til it becomes reflexive and you get a lesson and hit 20 to 30 balls and think youve got it. Then when you go out to play a match you have to think about what your doing and I dont and you screw it up. You see most people never make a total commitment to do anything in their lives. Most people try for a little while and then quit. I call that going back to your comfort zone. One thing Geno does is get you out of your comfort zone. That goes back to one of my ole sayings. Winners never quit and quitters never win. Meg is a winner. Right now there is no one in WCBB who is better then Meg. Shes the best player in the country and shes been trained and is being trained by the best coaching staff in WCBB. Meg has the want to. Meg has a dream and nobody can take that dream away from her and the best part is shes not where she wants to be yet because she has goals. I know that because Ive watched and studied winners. It all comes down to that little basketball court between your ears. Once you can do that then you have a chance to do something special in your life. Megan Walker is special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom