Meghan Gardler | The Boneyard

Meghan Gardler

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Meghan G's playing in Europe right now...

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I'm betting the Courant (or whoever funneled it the info) simply got confused about "Meghan," and Culmo will be there. If it is Gardler, I hope she shines verbally as well as visually. Geno would have another reason to brag about UConn being great preparation for sports journalism as well as the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Like both Ladies. Don't like Bob. Can we have Gardler and Culmo? What a perspective on Geno and the ladies that would be.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Bob is very likeable. If ONLY he could be made to understand that 1) television audiences can't see the whole picture of what is going on in a game because of our limited vantage point; 2) that we would really like to know as much as possible about what is going on; e.g. when substitutions are made, who is in foul trouble, etc.; 3) we really don't CARE whether or not Suzy Player's cousin Maury once played on a high-school lacross team that won the tri-valley championship. I have never really timed it (although I have intended to do so many times), but I am willing to bet that Bob and Meghan spend at least four minutes out of five bee-essing about stuff that is totally extraneous to the game. I watch, nevertheless, as do we all, but I do a lot of yelling at the tv set.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Actually, she is quite fond of grappa...

media

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Bob is very likeable. If ONLY he could be made to understand that 1) television audiences can't see the whole picture of what is going on in a game because of our limited vantage point; 2) that we would really like to know as much as possible about what is going on; e.g. when substitutions are made, who is in foul trouble, etc.; 3) we really don't CARE whether or not Suzy Player's cousin Maury once played on a high-school lacross team that won the tri-valley championship. I have never really timed it (although I have intended to do so many times), but I am willing to bet that Bob and Meghan spend at least four minutes out of five bee-essing about stuff that is totally extraneous to the game. I watch, nevertheless, as do we all, but I do a lot of yelling at the tv set.
well said, I agree

Reaction Score
If you've ever heard Bob call a game other than a UConn wbb, you'll know he's actually a very good play by play announcer. It may be that it's the Bob-Megan team that's gotten stale and in a rut that causes them to be less than what they could be.

Reaction Score
Bob and Megan are easily my favorite commentators. Quite frankly, when you are announcing a game that is likely to be a 40 point blow out, doing play by play seems a little silly.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bob and Megan are easily my favorite commentators. Quite frankly, when you are announcing a game that is likely to be a 40 point blow out, doing play by play seems a little silly.
That's when doing play by play is most critical. It stops the boring mindless unfocussed patter.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My European geography is more walk-on than AA but I hear that Meghan is playing in Luxemburg not Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom