Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Megan Walker

Reaction Score
So glad to see her play one of her best games when it mattered most. A lot of other players might have packed their bags after playing such a limited role and number of minutes during her Freshman season. Its great to see that things worked out for her. Its not always the case even when some kids stick it out.

Kudos to Megan.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
1554072156500.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its hard to say that one player was the difference. But my first instinct says Christyn Williams was the @^#$@# right at the moment when we needed something the most. Meg was huge in the 1st half with the treys. KLS was there when she was in. But CW emerged at just the right moment all day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will admit I was one who was concerned about what Megan could bring this year and I have not only been pleasantly surprised but in awe of the difference a year has made for her.

She still has a ways to go but is only a Sophomore. Her defense in this game was excellent not to mention her contributions on offense.

When she has her feet set I have confidence it will be high % shot (even though she shot an air ball this game) but she should work on her low post game in the off season because with her athleticism she should be shooting a high % down low. Finally I would prefer she leave the dribble penetration to other players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One of the things I love about Meg, among many, is that she while she's the best 3 point shooter on the team (40% higher than anyone else but Molly), she's also not afraid of contact and mixes it up a lot in the post. I still wish she'd make more bunnies, but that will come with time. She's really good both around the basket and from deep.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Its hard to say the one player was the difference. But my first instinct says Christyn Williams was the @^#$@# right at the moment when we needed something the most. Meg was huge in the 1st half with the treys. KLS was there when she was in. But CW emerged at just the right moment all day.
I agree; and I also liked the way she battled for rebounds too. She had 3 for the game. If you watch her under the boards, she seems to be the highest leaper on the team. I believe she is 5ft 3inches tall.

Reaction Score
Some of yall called her a bust last season. Hmmm.

We cannot re write history. She did have a poor freshman season. I think posters main gripe was she was the no 1 over all HS player coming out and we thought she was going to make a major impact very quickly. Those expectations were probably unfair and should only be reserved for the elite generation player. That now is old news and your right she had a wonderful season and is only getting better.

Reaction Score
No doubt MW has the talent but just not consistent. She is always a solid rebounder and defense. Glad she has sharp and took the opportunities given to her to shoot the 3s.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As Geno has said many times, its a really big change to come from the primary player on your high school team to one of many talented players on a elite D1 team. Meg has made the adjustment. Now we see the results of Meg's hard work. And she will get better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Its hard to say the one player was the difference. But my first instinct says Christyn Williams was the @^#$@# right at the moment when we needed something the most. Meg was huge in the 1st half with the treys. KLS was there when she was in. But CW emerged at just the right moment all day.
Christyn, the soft-spoken freshman, will be a beast next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You may be right. In any event, whenever the VA state championship rolled around, Megan took charge.
Geno gave her a hard time after her last high school game, which Geno attended. Meg scored something like Monacan's final 15 points to get a close come-from-behind win. Coach told her, if she had played that hard all game long, it wouldn't have been close.

Think Megan with Napheesa's motor!

Reaction Score
I agree; and I also liked the way she battled for rebounds too. She had 3 for the game. If you watch her under the boards, she seems to be the highest leaper on the team. I believe she is 5ft 3inches tall.
5'11"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom