Megan Walker! | The Boneyard

Megan Walker!

Reaction Score
Everyone saw the stat sheet. MW is going to be really, really, really good. She is just so athletic. Wait until her shots start to fall. She is solidly in the rotation. I do hope Geno is comfortable with her in tough moments.

Reaction Score
when KLS returns and Camara is ready and shows her capabilities, it will be a very solid eight women rotation.........the more Walker plays the more we will see why she was the number one high school player in the nation.........

Reaction Score
Love Meg, but what about the team today?

Geno described the team dynamic as “weird.” Well, the games are definitely strange. Sometimes we're playing from the perimeter, sometimes underneath, sometimes we rebound (today) and sometimes not. Then we're great at protecting the ball, then we have 19 turnovers with 9 by Gabby. I really hate giving up so many 4th quarter points, though I understand why it's happening. We turn margins of 40 into margins of 25 every other game. Should MD have gotten 70 against us today? No way.

AND yet, we completely dominate everyone we play. At no time is the other team in the game from the tip to half-time. The question is not do we win, but how we win. The winning is a given.

Tuesday night we may actually play a decent team, which requires us to use 6 players for the entire game. Maybe then we'll have 4 solid quarters of bb. Meg is the 6th.

Of course, if we're up by 40 against UCLA in the 4th, I'm willing to give back a few.

Reaction Score
Hope she makes a huge soph jump, cuz UConn is going to really, really miss Gabby.
Did you watch Megan today? She did a bit of everything and has NO FEAR of mixing it up with bigs. Grabbed some nice rebound against MD's bigs.
She is NOT Gabby, never will be--but when you get the REAL MeganWalker stand back--she shall amaze you. Gabby walked over to Megan at the foul line and patted her shoulder for a nice drive and words to make FT's by--now that's a leader!!

Reaction Score
Love Meg, but what about the team today?

Geno described the team dynamic as “weird.” Well, the games are definitely strange. Sometimes we're playing from the perimeter, sometimes underneath, sometimes we rebound (today) and sometimes not. Then we're great at protecting the ball, then we have 19 turnovers with 9 by Gabby. I really hate giving up so many 4th quarter points, though I understand why it's happening. We turn margins of 40 into margins of 25 every other game. Should MD have gotten 70 against us today? No way.

AND yet, we completely dominate everyone we play. At no time is the other team in the game from the tip to half-time. The question is not do we win, but how we win. The winning is a given.

Tuesday night we may actually play a decent team, which requires us to use 6 players for the entire game. Maybe then we'll have 4 solid quarters of bb. Meg is the 6th.

Of course, if we're up by 40 against UCLA in the 4th, I'm willing to give back a few.

There were teams in the past that once they got the opponents by the throat they squeezed until they were done. This team squeezes until they have the upper hand then release the hold. Second halves they coast a bit.
Much of the last 3 quarters Geno was preparing for the UCLA game. He mixed and matched and coached off floor players. Some things worked well some things not so well--but Geno is a fixer--

Reaction Score
when KLS returns and Camara is ready and shows her capabilities, it will be a very solid eight women rotation....the more Walker plays the more we will see why she was the number one high school player in the nation....
Haven't you seen that yet? Her talent and abilities are apparent, with the belief she is still just a frosh with loads of talent to come.
Her move are great, her ability to handle the MD press alone was impressive. She saved Molly a couple of times. Her fear level is low. Her stroke ,even when they miss, is a thing of beauty. Perfect body, perfect attitude, perfect movements, defends better than the Sophs---Naw-I don't like Megan Walker, from Chesterfield , Va

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Megan will join the starter-7 rotation very soon. She is really good.

She already has. With Lou out today, she was the 6th man. She played very well today. Megan may not drop down to 8th man when Camara is cleared to play. Camara will probably start out 8th or 9th man, then work her way up the bench. Walker will be a starter next season, but Geno is going to need her THIS season. She's improving with every game. The more minutes she plays now, the faster the game will begin to slow down for her, and the faster her confidence will grow. By mid-January, I expect her to be a lot more comfortable than she is now. As well as she is playing now, she'll be unrecognizable by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Haven't you seen that yet? Her talent and abilities are apparent, with the belief she is still just a frosh with loads of talent to come.
Her move are great, her ability to handle the MD press alone was impressive. She saved Molly a couple of times. Her fear level is low. Her stroke ,even when they miss, is a thing of beauty. Perfect body, perfect attitude, perfect movements, defends better than the Sophs---Naw-I don't like Megan Walker, from Chesterfield , Va

you haven't seen anything yet.........I'm waiting for the first time she puts the team on her shoulders and carries them to a victory.........it may happen sooner then we think

Reaction Score
ACL last 2 years didnt play!

Not so. She played 18 games her junior year in HS and 13 games her senior year. Unfortunately knee injuries ended both years early.

As pointed out above, those injuries didn't keep her from being ranked. HS rankings are based more on AAU play anyway.

Reaction Score
What do you mean join the rotation soon? She comes in during the first TO of the game and certainly by the 2nd quarter. I'd say she has been in the rotation since the first game.
Yep, she is a very good player already. Wish the other freshman got more playing time, they are very good too . Molly hustles every play and is a very likeable player but I think she needs to improve quite a bit more to get the minutes she is getting now. I think the experience should be better utilized by some of the freshman.
Clearly skilled and great reactions. Really just needs lots of reps. It feels like she will terrorize the conference.
Yes agree. she is a special talent. And i think Coombs should be getting more minutes too. She is going to be a very good player too. I love Molly but i think she is a little over her head as far as talent this year. But she is a husler.

Reaction Score
Not so. She played 18 games her junior year in HS and 13 games her senior year. Unfortunately knee injuries ended both years early.

As pointed out above, those injuries didn't keep her from being ranked. HS rankings are based more on AAU play anyway.
2 inju
So no AAU either year. So her rank you wouldnt really know until healthy after 2 knee injuries! A little common sense from the ranking services.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
you haven't seen anything yet....I'm waiting for the first time she puts the team on her shoulders and carries them to a victory....it may happen sooner then we think

Do you mean the first time Geno tells her to "Win the game for us Megan"? :cool: Last year, Crystal did it her second game.

Reaction Score
you haven't seen anything yet....I'm waiting for the first time she puts the team on her shoulders and carries them to a victory....it may happen sooner then we think
With this I totally agree--she is lacking the fear gene. Geno, the shrewd dude he is; will call her over , ala Danger Baylor, and say to Megan--win this game for me. And she shall.

Reaction Score
Yep, she is a very good player already. Wish the other freshman got more playing time, they are very good too . Molly hustles every play and is a very likeable player but I think she needs to improve quite a bit more to get the minutes she is getting now. I think the experience should be better utilized by some of the freshman.

Yes agree. she is a special talent. And i think Coombs should be getting more minutes too. She is going to be a very good player too. I love Molly but i think she is a little over her head as far as talent this year. But she is a husler.

Other than Megan- don't agree at this point in the season. The offense still a bit out of sync. Don't underestimate quality opponents. Starters plus Meg need work. The games will be in their hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom