Megan Walker

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gatorade%20National%20Girls%20BB

Maya with Erin Boley last year.
Maya looking sharp.

Reaction Score
I know you meant it as a joke... but it just seems like that'll be what defines her to most people on this board. My comment wasn't meant to be rude to you, if you took offense, I'm sorry. I really do like your posts. :)
I think EDD is a good basketball player and probably a nice person and all that too, and I'm sure she (finally) made the right decision for her at the time. But as a UCONN fan that's definitely what defines her to me.

Reaction Score
I think EDD is a good basketball player and probably a nice person and all that too, and I'm sure she (finally) made the right decision for her at the time. But as a UCONN fan that's definitely what defines her to me.

Stop it LOL :) Forgiveness is a virtue... or it's virtual... or maybe vitriol.... I can't remember... I'm a UCONN Fan, and if someone doesn't want to play as a Husky, I just feel sad for them, because they don't get to experience the Husky Family or Traditions. :)

Reaction Score
Megan was at a Wahington Wizard game and EDD surprised her with the National Gatorade player of the year award ! How ironic Edd spends one day at Uconn and gives award to Megan who is attending Uconn this fall.
As someone who was hurt and disenchanted with EDD's scramble from UConn---I have learned to respect her talent --and the truth is she is superior talented in every aspect of the game---maybe in sisterhood too--
For EDD--one great player to give the award to Megan Walker a potential Super star and two years ago to Katie Lou the same award--says loads about all three--apparently the Gatorade award pin points the super great---I'll accept that every day from even a Tenn Standout--If Lawson or Candice wants to award an in coming Uconn star--have at it..

Reaction Score
UConn star recruit watching March run,
waiting for her turn

By PAT EATON-ROBB - Mar. 16, 2017 3:30 PM EDT

upload_2017-3-16_17-35-32.png

Megan Walker is not your average UConn fan. The 6-foot-1 consensus national high school player of the year from Chesterfield, Virginia, says she'll be rooting hard for the Huskies in the NCAA Tournament, while thinking about what it will be like to be playing with them next March.

"I'm part of the team now," Walker said after picking up her Gatorade Player of the Year award on Wednesday night. "I'm wearing my hoodies, shirts. I'm posting stuff —tweets. I'm excited."

The class also includes 5-10 guard Andra Espinoza-Walker [??] from New York, 6-foot wing Lexi Gordon from Texas and 5-10 guard Mikayla Coombs from Georgia.

They were convinced to come to UConn by Geno Auriemma, who likes to ask recruits what they would do would do if they were the best singer in the world. Would they want to headline in Branson, Missouri? Or would they rather try to make it big on Broadway?

"Coach mentioned something similar to me about the best player in the class of 2017 having to perform on the biggest stage possible," Walker said. "That clicked with me. That this is the only way to do it, the right way to go about my career."

[LINK] to full article

Reaction Score
I certainly hope Megan hangs around longer than EDD.
I have read your "after" postings on this subject. I see nothing wrong with this posting-- I agree--I hope Walker stays.
Whether EDD's decision was a good one or a bad one --we'll never really know what could have been---nor does she.
I am pleased a Uconn kid (incoming) got the award---as I say in another posting--even a Tenn standout delivering the award would please me---who know's maybe next year or the year later Collier (graduating HS) will accept the award from DeShields.

Reaction Score
Stop it LOL :) Forgiveness is a virtue... or it's virtual... or maybe vitriol.... I can't remember... I'm a UCONN Fan, and if someone doesn't want to play as a Husky, I just feel sad for them, because they don't get to experience the Husky Family or Traditions. :)
No hate here, although it was a bit "rude" of EDD to mess up our recruiting class. We didn't need HER, specifically, but it would have been nice to not be counting on her when making other decisions to offer or not.

Anyway, I'm over the "rudeness". Happy for her that she finally got it right. But it's her not knowing what she wanted, not being focused on what was right for her, that defines her for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom