Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Megan Walker

Reaction Score
When Brianna Turner and Erin Boley won the award Maya Moore presented it to them. When KLS, and now MW, won EDD has presented the award. They must not want a former husky to give a future husky the award.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gatorade.jpg

Reaction Score
Megan was at a Wahington Wizard game and EDD surprised her with the National Gatorade player of the year award ! How ironic Edd spends one day at Uconn and gives award to Megan who is attending Uconn this fall.
I wonder if was really a "surprise." Seems like a whole lot of things would have to go right - lots of luck involved - unless there were some sort of "advance arrangements." ??

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder if was really a "surprise." Seems like a whole lot of things would have to go right - lots of luck involved - unless there were some sort of "advance arrangements." ??
I think it really is - not that much timing involved, these are HS kids so from 8AM to 3 PM you have a pretty good idea where they will be every minute.

When Brianna Turner and Erin Boley won the award Maya Moore presented it to them. When KLS, and now MW, won EDD has presented the award. They must not want a former husky to give a future husky the award.
I think it mostly gets down to schedule/location of any of the former winners and proximity to the HS winner.

Reaction Score
I think it really is - not that much timing involved, these are HS kids so from 8AM to 3 PM you have a pretty good idea where they will be every minute.

I think it mostly gets down to schedule/location of any of the former winners and proximity to the HS winner.
I get that for Elena's KLS presentation at Mater Dei last year, but this was at the Wizards' game today, which was definitely after school hours (started at 4 PM). I guess it could have been set up through family members or something. Or someone could have tipped off Megan that she would be "interviewed" at the game?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I get that for Elena's KLS presentation at Mater Dei last year, but this was at the Wizards' game today, which was definitely after school hours (started at 4 PM). I guess it could have been set up through family members or something. Or someone could have tipped off Megan that she would be "interviewed" at the game?
From the video on the NBC4 news tonight, I got the sense that Meg was being recognized by the PA announcer for something, maybe winning 3 Virginia titles. Then EDD came out of the crowd carrying a trophy. I'm not sure that Meg knew who EDD was. Both ESPN and the Courant say that Meg was surprised.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As a reminder, the woman seen here holding TWO Honda-Broderick Cups as the Woman ATHLETE of the Year also has FOUR Naismith Trophies to her name: 2 from Collins Hill and 2 from UConn. I think she's a hoarder. ;)

MayaMoore-1.jpg

Reaction Score

also... Breanna was presented the award by Tamika Catchings. Kalenna by Lisa Leslie.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I
Exactly. Stewie got her Gatorade Player of the year award from Catch.
Catch to Stewie.jpg

Reaction Score
I certainly hope Megan hangs around longer than EDD.
I posted a reply to this comment yesterday... So posts get deleted now if you're not in agreement? Or it's okay to continually bash someone because of their choice??

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I posted a reply to this comment yesterday... So posts get deleted now if you're not in agreement? Or it's okay to continually bash someone because of their choice??
Not sure what point you are making as I did not see your reply to my comment. I can assure you that my post was intended to be light-hearted. I can also assure you that I believe EDD is a great basketball player who made the correct decision for herself when she decided to leave UConn.

Reaction Score
Not sure what point you are making as I did not see your reply to my comment. I can assure you that my post was intended to be light-hearted. I can also assure you that I believe EDD is a great basketball player who made the correct decision for herself when she decided to leave UConn.
I know you meant it as a joke... but it just seems like that'll be what defines her to most people on this board. My comment wasn't meant to be rude to you, if you took offense, I'm sorry. I really do like your posts. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know you meant it as a joke... but it just seems like that'll be what defines her to most people on this board. My comment wasn't meant to be rude to you, if you took offense, I'm sorry. I really do like your posts. :)
You're correct. It was a joke and probably a bad one on my part. In the future, I need to be more restrained in making such comments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom