Megan Walker Speaks | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Speaks

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

HGN

Reaction Score
I knew from the beginning that she could be UConn material...........And her comments have made it crystal clear.
" I don't expect to start. I'm going to be a freshman again , so I expect to work for everything." Spoken like a true UConn recruit. Expecting nothing , but willing to work for everything. That's the attitude that greats are made of.

Get ready to raise a banner in Walker's honor in Gampel for this young lady in 4 years.

GO HUSKIES!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jordy is right. Gabby, Lou, et al. will be better than Megan next year, but Meg can be their equal or better in time.

Meg is right in that she will not start, but she will play big minutes and become the starter at SG when Kia graduates. Meg can learn a lot from the coaches and her teammates. When Geno rags on Meg, Lou will explain and help her, because she has been there.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Jordy is right. Gabby, Lou, et al. will be better than Megan next year, but Meg can be their equal or better in time.

Meg is right in that she will not start, but she will play big minutes and become the starter at SG when Kia graduates. Meg can learn a lot from the coaches and her teammates. When Geno rags on Meg, Lou will explain and help her, because she has been there.
hopefully Shea as well. She's known to coach guards, yes? :)

Megan will contribute and do so early. At what level and with what frequency is tbd, but she's a pro's pro. We saw it with KLS, KML, even Maya. Hopefully we'll see it with MW.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

They have all been there. Don't be surprised if one of the other freshmen learns the system before Walker does.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Under Geno, 'twas ever thus ...

;)

Reaction Score
this is far the most maturely that I, at least, have heard her talk. I'm sure she's grown up quite fast in the past several months, as most high school seniors do. She's put all the ego-inflating recruiting behind her and is certainly pointing toward UConn with the right attitude. It's going to be awesome following her and her cohort for the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
UConn girls are just different than others ....lovely and intelligently

Reaction Score
Micheal Jordan told all the other greats on the dream team, "There is a new sheriff in town". That's where Megan will be very quickly.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
That's the kind of attitude freshmen need to have. She might not start, but with her skills she will get playing time. Whether she is the 6th or 7th off the bench, I believe she will have an impact on the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom