Megan Walker ESPN front runner for... | The Boneyard

Megan Walker ESPN front runner for...

Reaction Score
Megan is a wonderful all around player but I'm not sure if she will ever have a defined position.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
AAC POY
Based off this article projecting/predicting the 10 person AA team to look like this.
Lauren Cox-Baylor
Rhyne Howard-Kentucky
Megan Walker-UCONN
Ruthy Hebard-Oregon
Sabrina Ionescu-Oregon
Dana Evans-Louisville
Tyasha Harris-South Carolina
Satou Sabally-Oregon
Elissa Cunane-NC State
Kathleen Doyle-Iowa

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looks like Megan's been "forgiven" by the "experts" for her less than stellar production against the top 3 teams this year. Some had speculated (and I wondered as well), if her average games against teams #1, 2, and 3 would hurt her in the AA selections at the end of the year.

She still has tremendous all around numbers, and at the end of the day, often that's all that the voters really care about. I love Meg and hope she earns her way on to the wall of honor this year. Christyn and Olivia's time will come next season!! :D

Reaction Score
Ms Walker is having a very nice year; As under appreciated a potential UConn All American as one can recall. Naturally, opposing teams will focus their winning efforts on reducing her effectiveness. UConn is, IMO, the 4th best team in the country. Not too shabby. The fact that UConn has not lost to a less talented team this year is also not too shabby. UConn, even in championship seasons has lost to much less talented teams. They are going to be a tough out in the tournament and is among my picks to be in the Final four regardless of their seeding which I see as the 4th number one seed. What will prevent this from happening are tournament selection/location/parity rules that will make it necessary to move a few closely rated teams around.

What is especially impressive reading CocoHusky's potential All American team is just how loaded Oregon is this year. If UConn was as loaded this year, you could use a permanent marker to fill them in as he 2020 champions. Baylor has never sported a stacked team on their way to Final Fours/championships. South Carolina won theirs with a depleted lineup. Impressive!

Reaction Score
Megan is a wonderful all around player but I'm not sure if she will ever have a defined position.

Maybe not at UConn, but in the WNBA she is the definition of a 3. Decent size, good athlete, decent handle, can knock down a 3 pt jump shot, can rebound, solid ft shooter, just needs to improve her mid-range game and ability to create for herself

Reaction Score
Looks like Megan's been "forgiven" by the "experts" for her less than stellar production against the top 3 teams this year. Some had speculated (and I wondered as well), if her average games against teams #1, 2, and 3 would hurt her in the AA selections at the end of the year.

She still has tremendous all around numbers, and at the end of the day, often that's all that the voters really care about. I love Meg and hope she earns her way on to the wall of honor this year. Christyn and Olivia's time will come next season!! :D

One would be hard pressed to find a UConn star of the past who has not turned in a less than stellar performance in a big game. More often than not, other players have picked up the slack. My favorite case in point is the 2002 championship game against Oklahoma. The two Wade Trophy winners went a combined 8-25 from the field with zero three pointers. The other three starters went a combine 20-30 from the field to go along with their combined 31 rebounds.

Reaction Score
She has All American and AAC POY numbers and is much better today as a defensive player and much more engaged in the games than she was even two weeks ago. That late offensive outburst against Cincinnati by her was just her getting warmed up for what is ahead..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom