Megan, Olivia added to Wooden midseason watch list | The Boneyard

Megan, Olivia added to Wooden midseason watch list

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know, for all the talk about "down year" and "not #1 team", UCONN is the only team in the nation with 4 players on the watch list. Even mighty Oregon only has 3 (Hebard, Sabally, and Ionescu) unless I missed someone. Well deserved of course, and congrats to all 4 UCONN players for being recognized for their all around play this season.

I'm not saying we are the best team in the nation at this time, but certainly having 4 players on the mid-season watch list, more than any other school, is an indication that we actually do have a lot of talent...

Reaction Score
The Wooden watch list reduces from 30 in Pre-season to 25 in Mid-season and while all 4 additions deserve their recognition, that means 9 previously listed were dropped.

2019-20 NCAA WBB Wooden Midseason Watch List.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Realistically this list could probably be shaved to less than 10. But I guess they have to generate clicks.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox should not be on this list. She's played in 4 games and is shooting .388 from the floor. Alarie has played in 9 games, is averaging about 5 more ppg and is shooting .523 (and .625 behind the arc). I don't care how good Cox was last year, she absolutely does not belong on the list at this point, especially when they've clearly dinged other players for being injured (Alarie, Carrington). Rubbish. If at the end of the season Cox is back among the top players in the country, add her back to the list.

Reaction Score
You know, for all the talk about "down year" and "not #1 team", UCONN is the only team in the nation with 4 players on the watch list. Even mighty Oregon only has 3 (Hebard, Sabally, and Ionescu) unless I missed someone. Well deserved of course, and congrats to all 4 UCONN players for being recognized for their all around play this season.

I'm not saying we are the best team in the nation at this time, but certainly having 4 players on the mid-season watch list, more than any other school, is an indication that we actually do have a lot of talent...
My normal 1/2 empty glass is not 4/5ths full.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of factors involved in these sort of lists. They are not always a fair evaluation of who the top players really are. The teams a player plays for and preseason and other types of hype do play a major part. nwhoopfans example of Alarie being taken off is one example. It certainly wasn't because of her stats. If given an objective choice ( that would be minus homer eye glasses ) easily more than half the players on the list now would be traded in a heartbeat for Alarie. Another example is that a player's defense does not get equal value mainly because the defense can not really be quantified through stats as the offense can. It is usually considered via reputation only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom