Megan Gustafson article | The Boneyard

Megan Gustafson article

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As a devout Katie Lou fan, I must be diametrically opposed to any threads listing other potential POY candidates who are actually performing quite well. :mad: The solace I take is that despite Megan's efforts this year, her team does have 3 losses and plays in a downtrodden conference without any real competition at her position. ;)

All that said, she's been better than advertised and is definitely the Big10 Conference POY at this point. :)

Reaction Score
This is really hard to do after a great season (ask Napheesa). It's especially hard to do if you are the senior star of the team and the focus of every opposing team's defensive effort.

After historic season, Megan Gustafson somehow got even better
I am glad to hear that Gustafson has improved. I saw her play in the NCAA tournament against UCLA and she, along with team Iowa, were humiliated. I was hoping that it would be worth going to the game, just to see her play. Sadly, it wasn't. Maybe this year it will be.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
plays in a downtrodden conference without any real competition at her position. ;)

All that said, she's been better than advertised and is definitely the Big10 Conference POY at this point. :)
Based on the above(in red) wouldnt that also DQ KLS and Collier from any consideration for POY other than AAC POY awards.
By the way nobody is a bigger fan, of KLS(other than her family) than me..

Reaction Score
What a solid player. I can't help but think how good she would have been in a UCONN uniform, essentially that missing extra piece, that "big" player down low. Oh well, I can dream.

Reaction Score
What a solid player. I can't help but think how good she would have been in a UCONN uniform, essentially that missing extra piece, that "big" player down low. Oh well, I can dream.

I believe she was ranked #80 by ESPN and the twelfth rated center..........................................just goes to show you that numbers aren't everything.....................................when I asked the same question you did a while ago I was greeted with "she's good where she's at but she wasn't athletic enough to work in UConn's system".................................I don't know, do you think Geno would mind having her on the roster this year?

Reaction Score
As a devout Katie Lou fan, I must be diametrically opposed to any threads listing other potential POY candidates who are actually performing quite well. :mad: The solace I take is that despite Megan's efforts this year, her team does have 3 losses and plays in a downtrodden conference without any real competition at her position. ;)

Megan doesn't have a legendary coach or top tier teammates to take pressure off her like KLS. Teams know that Megan is going to be the main offensive option/target on any game plan. She regularly gets double or triple teamed yet still shoots 70%. A lot like EDD in her college days. She played against the nations leader in blocked shots this week and outplayed her.

Megan is the best offensive center in WCBB basketball- bar none. Sorry...I like the Huskies but Megan is the POY.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I believe she was ranked #80 by ESPN and the twelfth rated center.......just goes to show you that numbers aren't everything.......when I asked the same question you did a while ago I was greeted with "she's good where she's at but she wasn't athletic enough to work in UConn's system"........I don't know, do you think Geno would mind having her on the roster this year?
Yeah, Kara Wolters and Steph Dolson would never work in UConn’s system Glad they didn’t play here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom