Meg Get's An Article Of Her Own | The Boneyard

Meg Get's An Article Of Her Own

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn’s Walker playing with new confidence since holiday break

“When you’re young, you tend to not have great success,” Auriemma said. “Every day you go home from practice you’ve just finished screwing a bunch of stuff up, so you can’t feel that good about yourself.

“Now, if all of a sudden that changes and you’re pretty happy with the way you’re playing, and coaches are happy with the way you’re playing … that just builds on itself, just like when you’re playing lousy adds to it.”

Dangerfield said. “I think she really took everything to heart and knew that she could change some things. She’s done that.”

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I, for one am so happy to see her playing with the confidence I had seen in USA Basketball. I had really been scratching my head in her freshman year that she just did not look like the #1 player I knew she was. Now she needs to sustain this level of play and it lessens the burden on KLS and Pheesa. Can we get CW and Crystal Dangerfield going?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is oozing confidence here.

1547868727760.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I, for one am so happy to see her playing with the confidence I had seen in USA Basketball. I had really been scratching my head in her freshman year that she just did not look like the #1 player I knew she was. Now she needs to sustain this level of play and it lessens the burden on KLS and Pheesa. Can we get CW and Crystal Dangerfield going?
I’m not too worried about Crystal. She’s just in a shooting slump and is letting affect the rest of her game. But as an upperclassman I know she’ll be able to pull it together.

People need to be more patient with Christyn. She is just a freshman and is still adjusting to the speed and physicality of the game. Ditto with Liv. Freshmen will have inconsistencies and there’s nothing that we fans can change about it

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Every person has their own internal clock on learning. It can't be changed. Great coaches and teachers know this and work with it. The day comes when the proverbial "light bulb" goes off. Seems that has happened with Megan.

Christyn and Olivia will be fine. Post players take longer to develop. Remember Steph and Tina. Tina didn't become the monster we all remember until half way through her junior year!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Every person has their own internal clock on learning. It can't be changed. Great coaches and teachers know this and work with it. The day comes when the proverbial "light bulb" goes off. Seems that has happened with Megan.

Christyn and Olivia will be fine. Post players take longer to develop. Remember Steph and Tina. Tina didn't become the monster we all remember until half way through her junior year!
Asjha, too

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I’m not too worried about Crystal. She’s just in a shooting slump and is letting affect the rest of her game. But as an upperclassman I know she’ll be able to pull it together.

People need to be more patient with Christyn. She is just a freshman and is still adjusting to the speed and physicality of the game. Ditto with Liv. Freshmen will have inconsistencies and there’s nothing that we fans can change about it
Today proved your point to a T. Crystal Dangerfield was outstanding and Liv played great. CW is definitely in her own head. I was also pleased with Molly on all aspects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom