Meet the UConn men's basketball All-Decade team: 2010-2019; Borges | The Boneyard

Meet the UConn men's basketball All-Decade team: 2010-2019; Borges

Reaction Score
That was a fun read! Thanks to Borges

Translated to an on-court lineup to the best of my ability -

PG - Kemba/Boatright
SG - Shabazz/Jalen Adams/Vital
SF - Lamb/DHam/Giffey
PF - Deandre Daniels
C - Drummond

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No Brimah? He wasn't a huge star, but we don't win in 14 without him.

Brimah should be there, but who do you leave off?
Personally, I think he did more for us at center than Drummond did. Is this a list of the best UConn players or NBA players that went to UConn in that decade? Because despite being much more successful in the league than Brimah, Drummond's lone season in Storrs was kind of so-so. Amida, on the other hand, was an important part of a NCAA championship squad at UConn.

Quote from the linked article...
...Vital, the all-time leading 3-point shooter in AAC history...

How did I not know this?

Reaction Score

PG - Kemba/Boatright
SF - Lamb/DHam/Giffey
PF - Deandre Daniels
C - Drummond

That was a pretty dark decade for the bigs, wasn't it? We complain about Adama a lot, but it's a real luxury to have a guy who can give you 18/8 on any given night.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Hard to argue most of that list. No one on that list you could pull off to add Brimah.

I could see Purvis, but again who does he replace. You taking off Giff or Deandre? I wouldn’t. Maybe DHam???
No Brimah? He wasn't a huge star, but we don't win in 14 without him. I'd also add in Rodney Purvis and Shonn Miller.

Reaction Score
If anybodycomes of the list, who is the first off. Is it Drummond? He was there for one year, and it was a solid year for a true freshman, but I'm not sure if he's all decade. Can you leave the center position vacant and add Purvis or Larrier. If you have to have a big, why Drummond over Brimah, Miller or even Orhiaki. I know AO's regular season stats don't scream out at you, but he was more than solid in the championship run. Not a big fan of his personality and the way he left.
Drummond went on to bigger and better things but is his one year at UConn all decade worthy?
Just a thought for debate. I know it's kind of slim pickens for bigs for that decade.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

PG - Kemba/Boatright
SF - Lamb/DHam/Giffey
PF - Deandre Daniels
C - Drummond

I like AD, but he did nothing for us.

Reaction Score
reading the all 2010's team i was think, "hey, that's a pretty decent squad!" and then i looked at this one, haha.
I mean, this team has basically 3 guys who both made a meaningful impact here at UConn and got burn in the NBA. That's nowhere near where a blue-blood program should be. Aside from two months (albeit very important ones), this was a pretty dark decade.

Contrast it to the 2000's team where you had Marcus Williams, Ben Gordon, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Villanueva, Boone, Armstrong, Okafor, Thabeet -- NBA 1st round picks (mostly lottery) at every position, and as backups.

Reaction Score
Quote from the linked article...
...Vital, the all-time leading 3-point shooter in AAC history...

How did I not know this?

I didn't know it, either!

1675523405259.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I didn't know it, either!

View attachment 83798
I don't even know for sure who half these guys are, but I'll go out on a limb and match Cumberland to Cincy, Moore to SMU, Sasser to Houston, and one or both of Alston & McMurray to Wichita but without confidence in either. And I don't care.

CV, however, I love and hope his record stands forever, even with his total compromised by 2020 by COVID cancelations of 2 post-season tournaments.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CV deserves every accolade he gets
That kid was pure desire and talent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members