Meet The Beat

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by RockyMTblue2, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:08 PM.

1. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

Kelli Stacy , New Hartford Courant beat writer for the Huskies. Podcast.

UConn Insider Podcast: Meet New Women's Beat Reporter Kelli Stacy

"Stacy discussed growing up in a small town near the Texas border, where she became, of all things, a Minnesota Vikings fan (4:00); her sportswriting influences (7:00); her rise at the OU Daily (8:30); what it’s really like to cover polarizing quarterback Baker Mayfield (11:30); her preparation for the rigors of the UConn women’s beat (16:00); her early impressions of Geno Auriemma (18:00); the passionate Sooner football fan base and how Husky fans stack up (20:00); the bold proclamation made by freshman Christyn Williams (22:00); and the season’s most intriguing storylines (24:30)."

eebmg likes this.
  2. eebmg

eebmg

She sounds great. Very lively and showing a keen interest in everything UConn + some other eclectic interests. Main tidbit in the podcast is
    that so far, Megan Walker has had a great summer and made a strong impression on Geno. :D She also said we can expect alot of content both at the basketball level and from the human interest side. Can't wait. :D

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  3. Charliebball

Charliebball

I know it's past history but I'd love for her to eventually find out what really happened with the Sam Brunelle's recruitment...based on what happens with the 2019/20 recruiting classes it could be a watershed moment or a great big nothing....

4. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

Suicide is painless .... Not going to happen.

Bama fan and MSGRET like this.
  5. Charliebball

Charliebball

you're most likely right ...it's wishful thinking on my part.. the ND folks insist that UConn lied about the whole thing through the reporter and continue to talk about it when referring to other recruits..I find that accusation hard to believe so getting to the bottom of it would end all speculation...

6. Bama fan

Bama fan

Great song ,great movie. The pros from Dover say nothing to it.

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  7. meyers7

meyers7 Smarty Pants

Yes it was.

RockyMTblue2 likes this.