Meet and Greet with UConn MBB: Husky Ticket Project Tailgate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Meet and Greet with UConn MBB: Husky Ticket Project Tailgate

Reaction Score
Any Yarders hit this event? Would love to hear how it was.
I was there. I would say it was ok, but not great. Food was mediocre, I felt like the whole setup was kinda scattered, and it was odd you got a wristband to show you were part of the event as you entered tent, but then there were tables outside the tent where all the players congregated that would have had no need for the wristband to interact with them.

Sanogo was by far the most social and friendliest. He took a picture with my son and hand shook both of us and introduced himself by name to us, like we didn’t know who he was, haha. We got pictures with he, Jackson, Hawkins, Johnson, Hurley and Dixie. My son didn’t want a picture with her but I said he had to for clout to all of his friends. She seemed bothered to have been there.

Hurley was exactly who I had hoped he would be, easy to talk to and confident in his boys. Overall it was a fun, very loose gathering, and most importantly it raised money for an awesome program. Thanks to those who put it on.

Reaction Score
We got pictures with he, Jackson, Hawkins, Johnson, Hurley and Dixie. My son didn’t want a picture with her but I said he had to for clout to all of his friends. She seemed bothered to have been there.
At the risk of sounding casual, who’s Dixie?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks. Not up on that stuff. Old.
The D’Amelio‘s have a show on Hulu too. I watch the first one, which gives you a sense of their considerable Internet fame. Not really my thing either. I will say that Marc seems like a regular guy who got stuck into extraordinary circumstances. Seems like he’d be a cool guy to have a beer with and talk UConn sports.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1662916600783.jpeg

Jackson definitely spend some quality time in the gym during the off-season.

Reaction Score
Feel like this Hendry dude is everywhere. Trying to be a fan favorite.

Reaction Score
I was there. I would say it was ok, but not great. Food was mediocre, I felt like the whole setup was kinda scattered, and it was odd you got a wristband to show you were part of the event as you entered tent, but then there were tables outside the tent where all the players congregated that would have had no need for the wristband to interact with them.

Sanogo was by far the most social and friendliest. He took a picture with my son and hand shook both of us and introduced himself by name to us, like we didn’t know who he was, haha. We got pictures with he, Jackson, Hawkins, Johnson, Hurley and Dixie. My son didn’t want a picture with her but I said he had to for clout to all of his friends. She seemed bothered to have been there.

Hurley was exactly who I had hoped he would be, easy to talk to and confident in his boys. Overall it was a fun, very loose gathering, and most importantly it raised money for an awesome program. Thanks to those who put it on.
Thanks for the feedback! Next time we will definitely try to keep things more organized with a barrier outside to keep it more enclosed. The wristbands were to limit party crashers from eating or drinking, but we didn't want to turn anyone away. Food from the caterers at Rentschler (Spectra) was pretty limited and we did deal with them running out of beer. They gave us a really hard time from the start. All learning experiences for us, but overall, we hope you had a good time. Thanks for your support!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback! Next time we will definitely try to keep things more organized with a barrier outside to keep it more enclosed. The wristbands were to limit party crashers from eating or drinking, but we didn't want to turn anyone away. Food from the caterers at Rentschler (Spectra) was pretty limited and we did deal with them running out of beer. They gave us a really hard time from the start. All learning experiences for us, but overall, we hope you had a good time. Thanks for your support!
How do we, as fans, fix Spectra for the next event? Lots of negative comments? To whom should they be addressed?

Reaction Score
She seemed bothered to have been there.

Not sure where you got this from. I was standing a few feet from her most of the time, and she very graciously took pictures with dozens of children while she was there, and was very kind to all of them.

I thought the players were very friendly, as well. Andre came by and chatted me and my friends up. Also had a nice chat with Hurley about the international guys and this upcoming season. There should have been bbq sauce available, though. That pulled chicken was pretty dry.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you got this from. I was standing a few feet from her most of the time, and she very graciously took pictures with dozens of children while she was there, and was very kind to all of them.

I thought the players were very friendly, as well. Andre came by and chatted me and my friends up. Also had a nice chat with Hurley about the international guys and this upcoming season. There should have been bbq sauce available, though. That pulled chicken was pretty dry.
I got it from her telling whoever she was with she needed a drink to get through it when she didn’t know I was behind her, and then during the game she was in an area in the tunnel not watching the game. I saw Mark go in and get her at one point and then she just went back in.

As far as the players and Hurley I agree I thought they all were great, especially considering these kids don’t sign up for things like this and is probably awkward for 18-21 year olds.

Reaction Score
I got it from her telling whoever she was with she needed a drink to get through it when she didn’t know I was behind her, and then during the game she was in an area in the tunnel not watching the game.
Have you been watching our football team. I don't blame her! :)

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I was there and had a great time. All the players, coaches and family were really nice. Thought the HTP guys did a great job.

Attachments

• 2A91AAB1-133A-469C-B90D-515AB12E7E0A.jpeg
    2A91AAB1-133A-469C-B90D-515AB12E7E0A.jpeg
    988.4 KB · Views: 89

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member