Meet 2023 commit KK Arnold | The Boneyard

Meet 2023 commit KK Arnold

sun

Reaction Score
Great interview.
It means so much when a player really really wants to play for UConn!
She has so much pride that you know that she'll fit right in, take the cake and can do it all.
She'll possibly be the perfect parting gift for sending Geno off into the sunset years of his retirement.
"She's getting better all the time...better better better..."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“Defensively, she is physical and competitive and is a strong on-ball defender… a committed defender and her team’s leading rebounder despite being a point guard.”

I knew she was quick but did not know about how well rounded she is for a high school Junior. Defense will definitely help her get minutes at UCONN.
Great article, KK sounds like a gym rat who is a team oriented player. With no guards in the 2022 class, I am excited by her verbal.

“Obviously on the court, she finds you if you’re open. We constantly tell kids ‘run the floor, find open space, the ball is going to get to you’ because she’s got incredible court vision and she can play with a lot of different kinds of players. She’s just going to make good basketball plays, good basketball decisions. Then off the court, she’s just a great kid. She plays with a lot of joy.”

Sounds like UConn got a gem!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to totally start a kerfuffle, but Alexa says "Kamorea “KK” Arnold, a 5-foot-10 point guard from Germantown, Wisconsin and the No. 8 recruit of the class of 2023 per espnW, unofficially became the newest Husky when she verbally committed to UConn in late November."

Hoopgurlz says
Kamorea Arnold
97​
UConnPG5-6Germantown H.S. (WI)

I am very much hoping Alexa is correct.

Other than that, great read. Love the personality and attitude. Not only will she fit right on, she has all the makings of a future leader of the team - no small task for any heir apparent PG...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great article about a great person and gym rat. Saying good bye to Paige will be tough, but KK will ease the pain.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The height discussion has gone on a bit in the recruit thread. KK's HS page says 5-10 but that's probably only on stilts. She's more in the 5-7 range.

Reaction Score
The height discussion has gone on a bit in the recruit thread. KK's HS page says 5-10 but that's probably only on stilts. She's more in the 5-7 range.
There is a picture of her standing with Geno in his office, she is about 2"-3" taller than him in the pic-I think 5'10" might be correct.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Though I did see recently where '70s-style high platform shoes for women are coming back in. That might explain it.

Reaction Score
If she plays strong defense and can run the team, who cares?

Reaction Score
Not only will she be a great addition to the program and a dynamic player with off the chart skills she seems to be one heck of a young lady to be around. I'm sure with her joyful personality she will bring a competitive spirit that has only one thing in mind and that is to win. KK...welcome to the lady huskies!

Reaction Score

KK worked out with Ariel Ogunbowale recently. Y’all can do your daily height debate from this tweet of hers!

so just a little bit shorter than Arike who is listed as 5'8".

Reaction Score
I think she is closer to 5'9 but it really doesn't matter. She has great quickness and will be able to single-handedly breakdown defenses on any possession. She also seems to have great skill as a BB player, vision and passing ability. This is far far more important than an additional inch in height.

I know everybody loves length and height. But quickness in most sports is of paramount importance. Quickness (coupled with skill) is far more important than height. Tall players generally need somebody to get them the ball where they want the ball. Quick players just move the ball where they want to go. Give me a lot of quick players over an abundance of height all day.

I think this player is going to be very good for us. She looks to be a future AA to me.

Reaction Score
Great interview.
It means so much when a player really really wants to play for UConn!
She has so much pride that you know that she'll fit right in, take the cake and can do it all.
She'll possibly be the perfect parting gift for sending Geno off into the sunset years of his retirement.
"She's getting better all the time...better better better..."

Uconn in a number of year has had quite a few players that REALLY WANTED to play for Uconn, a few transferred. Some spent the year prior to Uconn preparing for Uconn, then transferred. Some top players arrived with hype galore and had trouble making layups. The point of all this is: A Uconn player is the player that arrives and in their first few minutes on the floor, score, rebound, defend well. Uconn doesn't always receive the product they think they bought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom