Media in Storrs at practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Media in Storrs at practice

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When she smiles she looks just like her dad.

They asked Aubs how she felt sitting on the bench last year. I’m not sure she sat on the bench much. She was injured, in a wheelchair, and away from possible contact. I think she sat behind the bench for a few games, but mostly she was home or elsewhere that was not in the arena. She had to protect herself.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey is the sweetest kid and it is so nice to see her smiling again.

Azzi seems so mature, no longer that wide-eyed freshman we saw last year. Nice to see.

When Geno recruited Aubrey, he called her the sweetest kid in the world. Based on comments from her HS coach’s mom and just observing Azzi, I think she could be 2nd on that list.

sun

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned thatt Dorka tore her ACL and had surgery in 2017, which could be why she wears the knee wraps in practice.
I hadn't heard about that injury before.
If true, was anyone else here aware of it?

Reaction Score
AG, needs confidence, confidence, confidence, confidence...........00 like her brother at Duke/NBA.

Reaction Score
Aubrey was sitting on the bench the last 14 games of the season, which include, both the conf. and ncaa tournaments.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey was sitting on the bench the last 14 games of the season, which include, both the conf. and ncaa tournaments.
The last 5 of the regular season? That seems to be about when she came back.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The entire Auriemma interview shed a lot of light on the topics, of players and the state of the team. Point guard, Def., Griffin and Patterson specifically. His take on over ,or under training and the opinions and criticisms involved in conditioning programs, were of course, on point.
I would like for Geno to give us a similar interview like this once a week throughout the season. This way we can stay informed on the status of the team overall, and the players individually; so that when we post comments about the team/players, they are intelligent and informed comments. We wouldn't have to wonder or suppose. We'd get the latest "state of the team" status straight from the coach's mouth.

Reaction Score
When she smiles she looks just like her dad.
She plays just like him too. I watched him almost every home game at Seton Hall. She is a very, very underrated player because she is a throwback floor player. I think we will be very surprised at her this year. Like I said, she has more deflections than at a political press conference.

Reaction Score
There are certain players in all sports, that jump off the tv screen and stun you when you see them playing in person. Aubrey Griffin has natural born talent, hopefully with good health we will all witness her growth.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would like for Geno to give us a similar interview like this once a week throughout the season. This way we can stay informed on the status of the team overall, and the players individually; so that when we post comments about the team/players, they are intelligent and informed comments. We wouldn't have to wonder or suppose. We'd get the latest "state of the team" status straight from the coach's mouth.
Geno could do 1 million more interviews and the BY would still not be informed enough. The BY would still over analyze, misstate, misinterpret and continue to wonder if Geno is being sarcastic or serious with everything he says. Even worse the players not mentioned by name will be assumed to be in a dog house, out of the rotation or flat out not doing well. I can't wait for the season to start because the games are the only thing that count.

Reaction Score
Geno could do 1 million more interviews and the BY would still not be informed enough. The BY would still over analyze, misstate, misinterpret and continue to wonder if Geno is being sarcastic or serious with everything he says. Even worse the players not mentioned by name will be assumed to be in a dog house, out of the rotation or flat out not doing well. I can't wait for the season to start because the games are the only thing that count.
I'll play the Billy Martin role here, Coco, and say I agree with both you and Carnac. I still enjoy listening to Geno doing his thing and wish there were more interviews. As for the BY, we don't have to read everyone's posts, or take seriously everything everyone writes.

I learned fairly early in my 42-year journalism career that it matters not how accurate, forthright or clever we think our posts are, somebody will disagree, and that's their privilege. Heck, that they read what I had written was pretty cool.

These days on this forum, as frustrated as I might get, it's all a part of what makes the Boneyard as special as it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom