Media going after DiVincenzo now | The Boneyard

Media going after DiVincenzo now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's all over the internet and they talked about it on the sports shows. Kid has the night of his life and now he has people accusing him of being a racist and homophobe. Idiots everywhere.
He said some dumb things he probably shouldn't have. I know I did too when I was that age. So glad we didn't have Facebook or Twitter then (or that I'm not at all famous so no one would ever look back at those if I did at that age).

There's no news here other than ammunition for opposing fans.

Reaction Score
Someone was on one of the sports shows saying he needs to address this and apologize. We've lost our damn minds.
Wait... what's wrong with that? "You know, I did and said some dumb **** when I was 14, including a word that no non-black person should ever use, as well as some stuff that could be seen as homophobic. I did it because I thought it was edgy and transgressive, but in actuality it was just dumb and offensive. I regret it, and I hope that any kid growing up who sees those tweets of mine won't follow in those footsteps."

Guarantee that'd be the end of it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Whether we are going to judge him by this or not, the point is that someone is--rightly or wrongly. Always.

Maybe part of the lesson here is that a 14-year old shouldn't have a twitter account, and that kids need to realize that they're writing in ink when they tweet. It's not the same as joking among friends.

Reaction Score
Whether we are going to judge him by this or not, the point is that someone is--rightly or wrongly. Always.

Maybe part of the lesson here is that a 14-year old shouldn't have a twitter account, and that kids need to realize that they're writing in ink when they tweet. It's not the same as joking among friends.
14 year olds on instagram, Snapchat, Twitter et al are pretty stupid.

Reaction Score
Well, I absolutely hate the price people pay for nonsense on social media, but this is a special kind of messed up.

On the other hand, serves him right for going off like that last night.

Reaction Score
I have to monitor social media accounts of the legal opposition sometimes. Suburban 18 year old white girls drop more n-words every day on twitter than this kid appeared to have done in 3 years.
Yeah, all that and stupid duck faces. Good lord

Reaction Score
Wait... what's wrong with that? "You know, I did and said some dumb **** when I was 14, including a word that no non-black person should ever use, as well as some stuff that could be seen as homophobic. I did it because I thought it was edgy and transgressive, but in actuality it was just dumb and offensive. I regret it, and I hope that any kid growing up who sees those tweets of mine won't follow in those footsteps."

Guarantee that'd be the end of it.
Because he was 14 and he has nothing to apologize for. I don't think everyone should be apologizing for what they said or wrote when they were little kids and it's ridiculous for grown ups to tell them to. He dropped a rap lyric.

Caron was dealing rocks and carrying guns when he was 14, he also has nothing to apologize for.

Reaction Score
Because he was 14 and he has nothing to apologize for. I don't think everyone should be apologizing for what they said or wrote when they were little kids and it's ridiculous for grown ups to tell them to. He dropped a rap lyric.

Caron was dealing rocks and carrying guns when he was 14, he also has nothing to apologize for.
I mean, I just totally disagree with this. I don't think Caron's life should've been ruined (it wasn't), and I don't think DeVincenzo's should be (it isn't). But I absolutely think it's appropriate to teach our kids right from wrong both in public and private.

Don't use those words. Don't be homophobic. It's not a capital offense but there's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching a kid to man up and apologize when he's put his foot in it.

Reaction Score
I mean, I just totally disagree with this. I don't think Caron's life should've been ruined (it wasn't), and I don't think DeVincenzo's should be (it isn't). But I absolutely think it's appropriate to teach our kids right from wrong both in public and private.

Don't use those words. Don't be homophobic. It's not a capital offense but there's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching a kid to man up and apologize when he's put his foot in it.
It burns me when I see adults who I'm sure have done far worse telling kids/young men they need to apologize for things they said or wrote when they were legitimately little kids.

Kobe calls someone a "bleeping f^g" and yes he should apologize and handle any punishment the league sees fit. If we're going to scour the social media profiles of 13 and 14 year old's and tell them to apologize for things they said now that they are young men/adults then we've lost our way.

You seriously think he needs to apologize for typing a rap lyric from one of the most popular songs that dropped a week before he made the tweet? Let's go after racists for being racists and not go after someone who is pretty clearly not racist and instead just a kid who recited a rap lyric. This type of stuff only detracts from the very really problem of racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom