Media Day video | The Boneyard

Media Day video

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1602533378073.png

Dunk or tap in? I'm going with dunk.

Not bad for a 6'1" kid.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Some material that was not quoted. She says the guards are getting back to the UConn style of driving and kick out. Not sure I see that as UConn dominant style but whatever works with who we have.

CL82

Reaction Score
Some material that was not quoted. She says the guards are getting back to the UConn style of driving and kick out. Not sure I see that as UConn dominant style but whatever works with who we have.
Christyn has such a charming effusive personality. You have to love this kid.

Reaction Score
Bueckers is the epitome of a drive and kick guard. Coming off high screens, if she gets into the heart of the defense there’s going to be serious problems. And she can hit pull-ups in the paint all night if the defensive big doesn’t jump at her.

Reaction Score
Bueckers is the epitome of a drive and kick guard. Coming off high screens, if she gets into the heart of the defense there’s going to be serious problems. And she can hit pull-ups in the paint all night if the defensive big doesn’t jump at her.

Her penetration could get ONO a lot of points.

One thing that helps all the freshmen this season is 24 games instead of 30.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How nice wold it have been to have a report like this from two players (on a revolving basis) once every two weeks during the summer, to update the fans on how things are going, what they're working on, how the freshmen are adapting to college life away from home and UConn women's basketball. We were thankful for the "morsels" we got from time to time.

Reaction Score
How nice wold it have been to have a report like this from two players (on a revolving basis) once every two weeks during the summer, to update the fans on how things are going, what they're working on, how the freshmen are adapting to college life away from home and UConn women's basketball. We were thankful for the "morsels" we got from time to time.
Nah. They're college kids. Let them be normal college kids as much as possible. We don't need to know everything that goes on. In fact we probably have too much access as fans.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Nah. They're college kids. Let them be normal college kids as much as possible. We don't need to know everything that goes on. In fact we probably have too much access as fans.

I understand where you're coming from, but...........playing women's basketball at UConn will never allow them to be "normal" college kids. Too many expectations and responsibilities that non athletic students at their school don't have to deal with, especially during the season. However your point is well taken.

Reaction Score
For all those who think that there will be freshmen starters, it sounds like they aren't there yet considering Christyn says they don't know what they're doing. ;)

Guess it will dependent on whether they are quick studies or not.

Reaction Score
For all those who think that there will be freshmen starters, it sounds like they aren't there yet considering Christyn says they don't know what they're doing. ;)

Guess it will dependent on whether they are quick studies or not.
She didn't know what she was doing as a freshman either, but she knew enough that Geno started her from the very first game. Don't know what all the fuss and skepticism is about freshmen starting. Nothing at all unusual about freshmen starting at UConn. Paige is too good - she will start.

Reaction Score
All of what you say is true. In any case, Geno will start who he thinks will put the team in the best position to win regardless of what any of us think.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be freaky if we have the new girls fab 5. Geno starts all freshmen. Ya never know. Nobody I mean, nobody picked that!!!! Carnac the great predictor couldn't come up with that. He is good though. I love that hat!!!

Reaction Score
Until they lose two in a row and then the BY will want to run them out of Storrs.:confused:
OMG don't even think that. At least don't type that. Didn't just pass something like 10,000 days without back-to-back losses several weeks ago?

CL82

Reaction Score
Until they lose two in a row and then the BY will want to run them out of Storrs.:confused:
Well that hasn't happened in what 27 years, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be freaky if we have the new girls fab 5. Geno starts all freshmen. Ya never know. Nobody I mean, nobody picked that!!!! Carnac the great predictor couldn't come up with that. He is good though. I love that hat!!!

No I couldn't think that!! THAT thought NEVER entered my mind. If I ever had a thought like that, my turban would fall off. That's "Twilight Zone" thinking.........way way out there. But you're right. All five of them WILL start together ..................................on senior night!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I’d like to bet on that! I would say the odds of this team losing two in a row are prohibitive! Personally, I think the odds are pretty fair they won’t lose any games Certainly in the regular season, anyway! after all, we have the best coaches, and they are working with a core five of really good, experienced players and a group of freshmen that every team in the country would give their eyeteeth for and one in particular who is being touted as a “generational talent” ! Those five experienced players consist of; a number one, a number two, a top ten, a European player who I believe to be as good as anyone on this team, and (the lowest ranked player among the core five) a player who is as disruptive a force of nature on the court as I have seen in many years. I just can’t see anyone except an elite team being able to handle this combination of talent, coaching, and experience! I will say that the one area where we are slightly vulnerable is in the post. If Liv gets in foul trouble, then we could have problems against really good teams. However, even there, we are much better off now as we have Edwards and the afore mentioned “Force of Nature” as well as a 6’ 5” Piath who may surprise us all! I like our chances!

Reaction Score
Who would want to join this program? They never have any fun. A bunch of stuffed shirts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom