Media Day for Geno and Players | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Media Day for Geno and Players

Reaction Score
having that quality is good, sure. but i don't think cocky is the right term ... to me that implies being a show-off, a put-downer ... i say it's better just to show your superior stuff; if your actually good you don't have to advertise it

a sign of class
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I suppose we could disagree on the term cocky itself as I don't see it as a negative term - unless it is used without class. I see it to mean a high degree of confidence. Part of my conversations with the team discussed the potential classless part. It has been my experience that extremely good players that are not extroverted by nature are sometimes missing that edge (perhaps Christyn last year). I once has the best sprinter in the league who spent the last hour before a race worrying about everyone else in the race. Made those around her feel she was beatable. She wasn't. She needed abit of that edge.

Reaction Score
Nice kid. She really seems to have a sweet disposition. CD is going to have to "mean" her up! Lol at Christyn and Paige being "talkers." Somehow that isn't surprising.
I think that will be Jamelle's task....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Did they ever explain what the purpose of the "pods" is? Is this some sort of virus containment measure (so if someone gets a positive test this week, they only have to isolate those in her pod rather than the whole team? And maybe they think that if no one comes up positive after this week, then it is safe for the whole team to practice together?
Under current NCAA guidelines all indoor sports can only have practice pods of 4 or less. The last that I read is that only outdoor sports like football could have more than 4 per practice pod. Football is allowed 11 on 11 outdoors and I believe only 7 on 7 indoors. Baseball had regular lineups, i.e. 9 on the field on defense and up to 6 offensive players on the field at the same time, excluding the base coaches.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Must be some Italian in Christyn. Those hands fly around a lot. I think I detect a little whistfulness for the days before someone handed her leadership. Anyone else catch that?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Must be some Italian in Christyn. Those hands fly around a lot. I think I detect a little whistfulness for the days before someone handed her leadership. Anyone else catch that?

I think of the 3 leaders, Evina sounds like the most emotionally equipped to be the overall leader assuming she is playing at a high level.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Westbrook sounds years removed from college. She has an air of maturity and worldliness to her I wasn't expecting.

Evina right now is like Andy Dufresne after he escaped from Shawshank.

She has seen some things, found herself in the wrong place at the wrong time, done her time (albeit unfair), and come out clean on the other side.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Under current NCAA guidelines all indoor sports can only have practice pods of 4 or less. The last that I read is that only outdoor sports like football could have more than 4 per practice pod. Football is allowed 11 on 11 outdoors and I believe only 7 on 7 indoors. Baseball had regular lineups, i.e. 9 on the field on defense and up to 6 offensive players on the field at the same time, excluding the base coaches.

Looking at this document,

NCAA uses the language of "recommendation" and really does not seem to impose across the board rules.

The relevant passage I see is

Working in Functional Units. Schools should consider the establishment of “functional units” as a strategy to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19. A functional unit may be composed of five to 10 individuals, all members of the same team, who consistently work out and participate in activities together. Assuming that these individuals observe appropriate sanitization, physical distancing and universal masking practices at all other times and do not otherwise place themselves in high contact risk scenarios (for example, attending off-campus social events), the individuals would only be considered high risk to one another. A similar strategy is to have one unit of a team always train against another unit of a team. For example, the first unit of the football team always training against the third unit of the football team; and the second and fourth units always training together. This means that if an individual from one of those units does become infected, the entire team may not be impacted, and contact tracing may be more manageable than it would be otherwise in the event of an infection.

This is consistent with Geno and the players expecting they can move to larger team activities in the coming days

PS. I recall a recent posting on the BY that the TN team seems to be doing drills as a full team

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Trying to see the video piece where Geno is reported have said Aubrey is 100 times better than last year. Any info?
I haven't seen it. Maybe SC will put more up on YouTube today.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Liv weighs in on the new season. Notice how much she's put on her arms and shoulders. Here's hoping she works over that left shoulder this year.

Yes, very noticeable, @JordyG. I'm going to need a new adjective to describe Liv. "Spindly" no longer applies. Perhaps, at the end of the season, "All-American" and "champion" will be more appropriate.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Time to hit the outdoor courts of my youth. A metal net if you were lucky but often just a bare rim.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

She has seen some things, found herself in the wrong place at the wrong time, done her time (albeit unfair), and come out clean on the other side.

Well done, @Argonaut. Any reference to The Shawshank Redemption is, well, redemptive.
"Hope is a good thing, Red, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well done, @Argonaut. Any reference to The Shawshank Redemption is, well, redemptive.
"Hope is a good thing, Red, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies."

and hopefully a good payday (NC / $$) at the end of the perilous journey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Uh did you just compare the University of Tennessee to pipe full of poop?

1597339871123.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom